Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx dash bin won't stay closed

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i cut the arse out of mine and mounted two gauges where the door used to be...problem solved!

R

redvxss

VX dash bin

Just about all vx have the same problem my SS has the same problem,Checked with the dealer where I got the car, they said just about every second hand vx they seen had all be broken.Not bad hey :bang:

alanb

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais v8
Arn't forums great. Many thanks to the person who supplied the part number of the latch. yes, easy to fit. You need one pair of needle nosed pliers and a long flat head screwdriver to do the job. Remove the metal pin on the left hand side of the drawer first with the pliers. Then with the flat bladed screwdriver, insert it into the groove at the rear of the compartment on the inside right hand side of the draw and the whole assembly then slides out. The offending wornout latch can then be pushed out and stompted on.

Matt 88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec SeriesII
Thanks for the solution to this - have had a VX for 8 months and didn't realise how easy it was to fix. Went outside and had it out in a couple of seconds - magic.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
yep i did mine today......i got my clips at trade$4.97 each i got 3 for just under $15................and yes very easy to do...........cheers

apple8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thanks for the thread, easy fix when with the right info.

kea83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S
Cheers for the thread, got the same thing with my car. With the parts number can I purchase it off a website online or do I have to go into a holden dealer?

9C1pack

Reaction score
At the top of the VT-VX section, is VT-VX Faults, then scroll down to a post by WintervX in 2006, he posted a how to inc photos

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Best advice dont use it. if you want a bin use your door then toss the **** out after much easier.