Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX front drivers seat after airbag is set off

Gorilla62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Ford Ranger
Hi guys,
I have a friend who has been looking for a good pair of the front seats for her VX but all the seats at the wreckers seem to have had the airbags released so I'm wondering is it possible to have the airbag seats refitted and stiched back up so to reuse the seats.
If not does anyone know who sells the VX seats in good condition or what other model Commodore seats fit the VX.
Thanks
Kate

Last edited:

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Are her seats air bag or non air bag ?

If she needs to match the existing cloth/colours,the cloth/padding is probably still available new from the Holden Dealers but quite expensive, like for memory about $500/seat retail.

All seats from VT VU VX VY VZ will fit if non air bag.

I have a good pair of VZ front seats going for sale when I get back to Brisbane in about 10/12 days.

There are also some on Ebay.

Gorilla62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Ford Ranger
Hi Rambunctious,
I'm told the seats are fitted with the airbags, safety first hey guys and no matter what pattern is available.
What other models would you suggest if we want to have the airbag seats and no thanks to the genuine overpriced Holden parts.
Thanks
Kate

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Kate, you don't need air bag seats, all you need is a pair of seats with good cloth and padding from the above cars I mentioned.

The cloth is already attached to the padding and is then clipped to the seat frame.

All you do then is swap the cloth and padding from the good seats to your friends seats leaving the air bags in place in the existing seats.

Of course you need to remove the seats from the car to do this AND DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE STARTING THEN WAIT 90 SECONDS AT LEAST OR YOU WILL CREATE AN ABS AIR BAG FAULT.

I've done a few now for friends and also my wife's car.

It is easy if you are handy with your hands and tools, takes me a comfortable 45 minutes to remove, strip, refit a seat and that usually includes a stubby or 2.

If you intend going ahead let me know and I will give you a step by step.

edit... VX did not come out with air bag seats.

To check, remove the plastic cover over the outer rear nut on the drivers seat(pull toward rear) and there should be 3 plugs, one clear, one yellow, and an orange one for air bag. If no orange plug then no air bag in the seat.

Last edited:

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Kate, you don't need air bag seats, all you need is a pair of seats with good cloth and padding from the above cars I mentioned.

The cloth is already attached to the padding and is then clipped to the seat frame.

All you do then is swap the cloth and padding from the good seats to your friends seats leaving the air bags in place in the existing seats.

Of course you need to remove the seats from the car to do this AND DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE STARTING THEN WAIT 90 SECONDS AT LEAST OR YOU WILL CREATE AN SRS AIR BAG FAULT.

I've done a few now for friends and also my wife's car.

It is easy if you are handy with your hands and tools, takes me a comfortable 45 minutes to remove, strip, refit a seat and that usually includes a stubby or 2.

If you intend going ahead let me know and I will give you a step by step.

edit... VX did not come out with air bag seats.

To check, remove the plastic cover over the outer rear nut on the drivers seat(pull toward rear) and there should be 3 plugs, one clear, one yellow, and an orange one for air bag. If no orange plug then no air bag in the seat.

HA HA, SRS was what I meant not ABS air bag fault, I gotta stop drinking.

Uncle J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Hi looking to build a early 2000 commodore sedan, eco tech preferably. But wanting to run bucket seats and don’t want to get mod plate will use stock rollers just fit bucket seats to them. Need a model with no seat airbags so it’s legal, any model ideas? Thanks