Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX High beam dash light not working

Rodney

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Wagon Series II 2002
Hi,
After spending 2 hours searching the net for a fix I couldnt find I decided to just check the bulb. Pulled out the instrument cluster, damn, the bulb is fine. Spent $70.00 on a new indicator stalk, damn, that wasn't the problem, spent another hour on the net studying the electrical diagram and I then decided to check the fuses under the dash for the third time. There was a blown fuse that I found 3 days earlier that protected the theft horn, when I put in a new fuse it blew straight away so I thought it seems I dont really need a theft horn anyway. I was out there last night and because my battery was now going flat from the lights draining the battery during testing I started the car so I could test the lights working. Sitting in the drivers seat I thought I would put in a 30A fuse for the theft horn alarm and if it blows again its only $0.70, it didn't blow this time. I then saw the dash light was working, halalooya.
6 hours and $90.00 later, the dash completely pulled apart and much frustration it was a bloody fuse, how could I have missed that. I re-checked the description on the fuse lid for that fuse and this time it didnt just read theft horn, it read instraments theft horn. The istraments theft horn fuse runs the little blue light.

I hope if someone else googles VX high beam dash light not working this thread shows on the google search

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Thanks for the advice but I would say that the fuses have been blowing for a reason, a short somewhere. The fuse should only be a 10A fuse and replacing it with a 30A fuse could cause some serious problems, like burnt wiring. It's up to you but I would investigate further.

Rodney

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Wagon Series II 2002
I Agree, After the RWC is done today I will put the 10A fuse in and see if it blows again.