Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS - Dash Conversion

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE

dont no if you'd call it a vx ss dash conversion??

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
I recently purchased the below items from eBay. I assume that it would be a straight switch over and then taking the car to Holden to match the new odometers reading to the old one?

Dash Cluster

Hazard, Trip and Headlight Switch

Heater Control
pretty easy m8 i wouldnt recoken u will need to i did the cluster swap and car was fine, just if ur going thru the effort of a swap why not go 3 window i did! just an idea m8

nolim8ts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS S1
Are there any differences between the VX Cluster and the VX SS Cluster? If not, is it as simple as getting Holden to re-calibrate the dash?

pretty easy m8 i wouldnt recoken u will need to i did the cluster swap and car was fine, just if ur going thru the effort of a swap why not go 3 window i did! just an idea m8

At the time, I couldn't find a 3 window dash on eBay and since some the globes in the dash / heater control had blown, i thought it would be better to replace everything rather than having blue / green etc / orange.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
Are there any differences between the VX Cluster and the VX SS Cluster? If not, is it as simple as getting Holden to re-calibrate the dash?

At the time, I couldn't find a 3 window dash on eBay and since some the globes in the dash / heater control had blown, i thought it would be better to replace everything rather than having blue / green etc / orange.
thats cool m8 the only difference between the v8 i noticed is thatthe revs will not line up the same, but tech 2 from gmh will fix that m8

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
so.. if my car has a 1 dash window on the cluster can i just buy a 3 window one and replace it? Will I need to make any other changes?

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
so.. if my car has a 1 dash window on the cluster can i just buy a 3 window one and replace it? Will I need to make any other changes?
i changed my single to triple and was fine except the revs gauge didnt line up with my revs but that was ok a tech 2 will fix that or if it dosent bother u leave it till u have time, i didnt update the tech 2 for 6 months after i changed mine

nolim8ts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS S1
These are the quotes I received to re-calibrate the dash.

1) $140 from Holden to reset everything except the odometer
2) $181 to match the new odometer to the old one (3rd party company)

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
These are the quotes I received to re-calibrate the dash.

1) $140 from Holden to reset everything except the odometer
2) $181 to match the new odometer to the old one (3rd party company)
wow man gmh chaged me 50

nolim8ts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS S1
Dash Fitted

Fitted the dash this afternoon and have to say it looks really good. The only slight exception is the light which slightly bleeds around the RPM and Speed Needles.