Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS LSD issues

turboads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS S2 5.7
Hey there. i have a vx series 2 ss ex cop with 110,000 k's. Ive noticed that the diff seems to only spin 1 wheel alot of the time. if you plant your foot at the lights it will spin both wheels and step a little sideways which is great, but if your turning a corner (left or right) and plant it, it just seems to spin the inside wheel. I thought an LSD would always spin both and send me sideways? a mate rekons replacing the diff fluid may help but i dunno... any ideas?

VY.abercrombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S soon to be SS
yeaa my dads ss does the same thing, only spins both wen it feels like it. got no idea why though..

dannyn12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
because its not a lsd

VY.abercrombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S soon to be SS
ohhh so the vy ss doesnt come with lsd then ? hahah thats the first ive herd of it.

dannyn12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
the lsd is an added option

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Well Just to add my VX V6 LSD does the same, As you are turning (pulling out) The inside will spin as it has little weight on it due to the turn, and all the weight is on the outside wheel, making it harder to spin, And so when your straight, it spinning both as it cant toss the power anywhere else and equal power will be sent to both wheels. Well thats my understanding lol
Make sure your TC is off and Just put ya foot down harder and it will let go, hopefull not into a poll or gutter :-/ lol
Id Recomend not to, Unless you have endless cash for tyres, The old mans VYSS only got 15,000 per set of tyres cause they are so soft, but least every corner you went to you knew you would be fine lol
After a good (legal) Fast run you could almost peel the rubber off them lol

scott w

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS and 2010 CX captiva
has any one had there diff shudder when turning mines just started doing it are going to change diff oil and see if that fixs it

turboads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS S2 5.7
i thought it did have an lsd but i must be wrong. it sucks when your already sideways and then one wheel stops spinning... throws you off bigtime

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
If its a Ex Cop car and its a SS, It should be LSD, I have a executive and it has a LSD.

mrbeef

spongiform encephalopathy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 V8 Calais/VT V8 Exec ex cop
just curious how often should you change your diff oil?

also, under braking coming up to lights, and when I almost stopp I feel a "clunk" from the diff like its shifting forward? any ideas