Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx ss problems

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon

I read this yesterday and didn't think much of it, until I drove home and my dash stopped working, showing the ABS and battery light and the over all km's. I took it back and the dealer cant look at it until after xmas now, which I think they are trying to wait until it is out of warranty, anyway when I got to work I thought I would see what the engineering mode showed, interestingly it shows voltage spiking quite badly, upto 16V with about 3,000rpm. I think I may actually have a faulty voltage regulator, off to the auto electritian I go!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I read this yesterday and didn't think much of it, until I drove home and my dash stopped working, showing the ABS and battery light and the over all km's. I took it back and the dealer cant look at it until after xmas now, which I think they are trying to wait until it is out of warranty, anyway when I got to work I thought I would see what the engineering mode showed, interestingly it shows voltage spiking quite badly, upto 16V with about 3,000rpm. I think I may actually have a faulty voltage regulator, off to the auto electritian I go!
You definitely have a faulty voltage regulator.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Hopefully not a completely farked alternator to go with it! It has however toasted the battery.

goldiloxv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ser 2 SS v8 auto
hey,
i have a 01 vx ss and it has some electrical problems.
they include
-thermo fans not working
-temp gauge not working
-fuel gauge reading incorrectly
-aircon fans not working
- various dash light stuck on (airbags, oil)
- not sure if PWR and traction control work because the lights don't come on.

i had some one come out with a tech 2 and play around with it and couldn't find the fault. they suggested it could be the ECM but i replaced it and it fixed nothing… same problems.

does anyone know what it could be or have any suggestions on how to fix it?

thanks in advance.

I have a VX2 SS and the traction light would come on if I had a blown light globe (tail / brake light usually). For some reason the broken globe feeds back and upsets the traction control. So look for that as a partial fix.