Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Single Turbo

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VX S Pack
just a quikie, when you had removed your spoiler at the beggining did u ever get pulled over for missing a brake light? did the spoiler have one?
cause my car has only 2 brake lights..

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
just a quikie, when you had removed your spoiler at the beggining did u ever get pulled over for missing a brake light? did the spoiler have one?

Yeah if theres no spoiler now that had the break light inbuilt u need 2 have ur parcel shelf brake light connected.

jasisonfire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S/C 3.8L

ive been pulled over in my vx 3 times last week and they haven't even noticed.

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VX S Pack
ive been pulled over in my vx 3 times last week and they haven't even noticed.

I was just wondering, i havnt been pulled over yet either. If i do, ill probs buy a cheap window mounted one since my rear window is blackout out and a parcel shelf one would be to expensive..thanks

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
yeah mate, as the guys have said, u needa have 3 brake lights, i havent got around to doing mine yet after i took the spoiler off.
gotta wire it then cut the black section of plastic from inside the window = not fun lol

had an issue with the turbo bolts coming loose, from the constant heating expansion and contraction..worked themselves loose, had a big exhaust leak from the turbo exh.housing, but should be fixed easily by a few nuts on the underside to clamp it nice n tight shut..

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
good news the exhaust leak was fairly easy fix, just a couple bolts underneath to clamp the exh.housing to the manifold.

had another big issue, nothing too hard to fix, but the exhaust that was custom made was rubbing on the underside of the car, causing a big loud ass vibration which was annoying as!
so i unbolted the cat section and indeed the cat section was practically resting on the underside of the car.
so whenever i put my foot down the engine torqued and moved the exhaust causing the vibe. a custom made pipe with no cat that clears the underside shud solve this.

and it seems everything was coming at once lol my rear right seatbelt is rooted :/
so out came the seats for a good clean down anyway, while i installed a whole new belt.

20072010999.jpg

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
haha ohh mate i didnt think itd take too long with that idle! Havent heard about the cruise mate ill have to look it up!
Wouldv loved to see the cops faces as they saw ur exhaust haha whatd they say??