Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Single Turbo

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
u got a nice lil collection of vids there man haha :) good 2 see this thing still going, was wondering where ud got 2?

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VX S Pack
Finally an update, looking forward to the future with the car mate.

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
After seeing a lot of Garrett T51r, Borg Warner s400, and Turbonetics Turbos on LS1s lately, I thought i'd opt for something a little different.

So, i managed to pick up a HKS T51R SPL 1000hp rated unit second hand, as they fetch upwards of $4500 brand new.

No doubt a few of you have heard these things spool and they power they make, and by the looks of things I haven't seen a Commodore with one of these on, ever, so it should be quite interesting!

An exedy twin plate clutch is going in also, and the Speedy 19s are being blasted and powder coated semi gloss black.
Things are slowly started to happen, after the turbo and everything else is on and sorted, i should be fairly close to the 600rwhp mark.
Fingers crossed!

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
I'm sure I looked into the HKS T51R but the turbine wheel was a bit small for bigger cube engines. Do you have any specs you can share?

HKS T51R SPL - 1000 PS Output
COMPRESSOR:
-Wheel- 56 Trim - 76.5 Inducer/ 102.2 Major
-Housing- 100 Inlet / 80 Outlet
TURBINE:
-Wheel- 76 Trim - 82.0 Major / 71.4 Exducer
-Housing- V-Band inlet / V-Band 115.5 mm outlet - 1.00 A/R

Also picking up a decent clutch this week, Extreme Twin Plate Ceramic Button, aswel as picking up my Speedys back from the powdercoaters, (all semi gloss black including lip) so hopefully the car will be driveable this week, and then over to another garage for the turbo install :/