Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx ss - varity of issue! welcome to my nightmare!

cracker

Reaction score
I'm not going to say anything new, just agree with what has already been said.

oxygen sensors are there for a reason. As said you wont improve fuel economy without them. They're also part of the emission control system, meaning removing them is illegal.

handbrake shoes will need to be replaced by the sound of it, as already said. Easy for a mechanic with the right tools, bit longer to do it yourself but still not that difficult.
Same thing about getting someone to connect a tech 2, you will not be able to diagnose the airbag warning without one. While you're at holden getting the exhaust hangers ask about getting a diagnosis. They will most likely tell you the O2 sensors aren't working because it's set to a fixed number (which is how the tuner bypasses them).

They would also check if there are any recorded errors with the traction control. Unlike the V6 you cant get the error codes yourself on the LS1, can only be done using a Tech 2 or similar device.

Bottom line, someone needs to connect a diagnostic system to your car before you start ripping out expensive parts.

yeah sweet thanks for the information, lol "emission control system" i ran it without cats for 2years but all good now

goldiloxv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ser 2 SS v8 auto
Hi. I have a vx ss auto, and I found out that if I have a blown light globe anywhere on the car ( brake/stop lights, headlight, etc) the Traction control light would come on at any time and the TC would not work at all. This happened while driving, and the switch would not turn it on / off.
Just replacing the blown globes fixed the TC problem immediately. So if you have the dash lights not coming on, it will effect the TC. It seems sensitive to any electrical problem. So if you can fix the dash the TC problem will probably go away also.
Hope this helps.

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Get a $5 eBay OBD2 tool and check your fuel bank trims and O2 sensor voltage.
Can save a lot of headache down the road, I was investigating to check if my car was ok so I ran the torque app from my android device and logged all the info.
From studying the long term and short term fuel bank trims and the O2 sensor voltages I confirmed all is working as per factory specifications

cracker

Reaction score
Hi. I have a vx ss auto, and I found out that if I have a blown light globe anywhere on the car ( brake/stop lights, headlight, etc) the Traction control light would come on at any time and the TC would not work at all. This happened while driving, and the switch would not turn it on / off.
Just replacing the blown globes fixed the TC problem immediately. So if you have the dash lights not coming on, it will effect the TC. It seems sensitive to any electrical problem. So if you can fix the dash the TC problem will probably go away also.
Hope this helps.

spot on tail light globes!
traction control and cruise is now working perfect.
thats one thing down at least!

DavoVP

Reaction score
spot on tail light globes!
traction control and cruise is now working perfect.
thats one thing down at least!

Wow really ?

That would give me the shits and make me want to burn the car !