Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX turns but wont spark

xDJOHx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VZ
Hi there.
Have had a VX (auto) off the road for about a year & a half now, while I'm driving a VZ daily.
As such, I've been starting the VX once a week/fortnight, just to use the alternator & charge the battery.
Tried to start it last week, no dice. Swapped the battery: started first try. No worries.

Getting it ready for roadworthy in a couple weeks & it's decided to stop starting.
Insert the key, turn it one click, hear the fuel pump buz/prime, then fully turn & it'll crank over, but no ignition. Got ignition yesterday, let it run for about 30-45mins for charge, but today - no dice.

Swapped batteries.
Checked/Swapped fuses/relays *shrug* Still no go.
New('ish) plugs/leads, and have had no dramas until now.
Key (battery/immobiliser) maybe?

Aside from being immobile for a year or so, it's been fine, up until now. I'm on a rural property, so be a bit of a hassle if I need to get it towed for roadworthy/rego.

Any suggestions on how to get it started?

Last edited:

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
If it's below quarter of a tank of fuel you may be having issues with the swirl pot in the fuel pump.

Pump will try to prime but won't. If tank is low, chuck 20L in it.

Could be lots of other things though, so just an idea worth checking.

Have you checked all fuses and for error codes?

xDJOHx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VZ
Full tank. Apparently. Which is odd, cuz I didn't fill it.

Error codes: 10,10,12 - unless that's 32. Changed battery a couple times so might’ve cleared the codes before I checked em.

Last edited: