Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX vs VY....which car is best?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
My cousin owns a VX SS and he has never ending problems with it..Always have to repair it non-stop, and now he has given up on it and is selling it.
VY SS is a better car overall, and if I had the money I would rather the VY SS over the VX SS anyday.

Do you know what any of these problems are? just curious.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
10kw would make no difference what so ever everyone who has one gets exhaust tuned cammed stroked supercharged etc anyway

mastadd

Reaction score
Website
www.classicskylinesaustralia.com
Members Ride
Vu Spac Ute
Skip the VY, either vx s2 or VZ, save a bit more if you have to,

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
VX SS series 2 is the way to go. VY not as eye pleasing as the VX sexy curves. However Vy is newer car probably less problems due to its younger age.

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
VX SS series 2 is the way to go. VY not as eye pleasing as the VX sexy curves. However Vy is newer car probably less problems due to its younger age.

We are talking 6 months difference between a VX Series II and a VY Series I. In fact in a lot of cases the Series II VX would have been sold/registered after some series I VYs had been sold.

So age wise, consider them the same.

Guess it depends on what the OP wants. With VX being slightly cheaper, it does allow more cash for mods. I agree the VY interior is much cleaner....

But I would rather have a VX Series II with VY Gearknob, Handbrake, Pedals, HDB Steering Wheel, Metal Door Handles + Airvents and matched with a VX HSV Senator Cluster.

NOTE: I have the VX Senator Cluster to go in, just waiting on Doctor Bob to reprogram it. I am also trying to track down a new HBD VY White/Black Leather Steering Wheel.

So depending on the price difference of the cars, you could easily upgrade the VX interior to look a bit like the VY...

VY Interior with VX exterior.... :)

3interior.jpg

hsv%20silver%20auto%20no.jpg

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I wonder if they care after 13 years.
Base models, the VY possibly has it, besides those silly headlights. Interior in areas has dated faster than previous model did. Top of the line sports models, VX is one of Holden/ HSVs best. VY suspension upgrades are legit, as is the ability to retro fit previous model.

HoldenVXCommo01

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L VX Executive S2
I wonder if they care after 13 years.
Base models, the VY possibly has it, besides those silly headlights. Interior in areas has dated faster than previous model did. Top of the line sports models, VX is one of Holden/ HSVs best. VY suspension upgrades are legit, as is the ability to retro fit previous model.
Probably not but you got good points there