Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX wagon - known problems

vxwagon

Video Producer /Cameraman
Reaction score
Website
www.jetvideo.com.au
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
hi,

im looking at buying a vx series one wagon (2001).

just after some info about any known problems etc.
I have been told by someone that their autos are a weakness, i know someone who recently got a series II vx wagon and their tranny needed replacing.

any info on this particular model would be great!
thanks,

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
I've got a VXII wagon and have not had any problems with it - though - i've only had it 3 months. I'm finding it to be a really nice reliable car, it's good on fuel and it's comfortable with plenty of room in it. A great step up from my previous VR wagon.

I think if you ask around enough you'll find horror stories about every single model of car out there. All you can really do is ensure that it is a sound car. Have it checked over by a qualified mechanic, ask for a warranty (if from a yard), do a REVS check, ask about the history of the vehicle - previous owners, was it serviced regularly, is the log book filled out, etc.

Good luck mate and welcome aboard :D

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
check out the rear tyres to see if they are starting to wear out on the insides , you might have to get under to have a good look . the series one in a design fault and some commodores have more negitive camber than others and chew through the rear tyres

vxwagon

Reaction score
Website
www.jetvideo.com.au
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
thanks for the welcome guys,

the wagon i have been looking at has the series II suspension update on the rear. Great service history, hsv senator mags, 130,000 on the clock and nice and tidy. I took it for a drive, they are very comfortable and good on the road!

so yeh, ive always driven fords but im not really on any side and just dont know a whole lot about the VX model.

thanks for the tips!

vxwagon

Reaction score
Website
www.jetvideo.com.au
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
when u first start the VX's, is it normal for that slight vibration? from what i can figure out it seems like its coming from the abs controller under the bonnet. Is that a test or something that the abs control checks every time you start it?

mitch01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec. ser.1
Yeah my VX makes a little groaning noise just as you begin moving forward which I have been told is the ABS module kicking in. I've heard it on other ABS equipped cars as well so I guess its fairly normal.

vxwagon

Reaction score
Website
www.jetvideo.com.au
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
any other things i should know about with the series one VX?