Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy Dash Conversion but no go :(

stevearm77

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Hey guys,

Just completed a full VT- VY dash conversion, swapping out dash loom, engine bay loom, ECU & BCM both matched to a key head. Everything is working but it just wont start It comes up with "Check Engine" in the display window, I can hear the fuel pump prime, the immobiliser light goes out, it will crank but not fire, no spark. The ECU & BCM came as a matched set, I have checked all earths & power at ECU. all seems good, anyone got any ideas where to go next? I'm stumped! The dash loom I have installed has the provision for ABS, my VT does not have ABS, do I have to plug in an ABS module for it to run? Car was running perfect before this conversion, any help at all muchly appreciated

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
if you have cel then check your codes

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
When I did a body loom conversion in the VS I had the same problem. Turned out to be the earth wire for the EFI relay wasn't grounded properly. When you turn the ignition on get someone to hold onto the EFI relay and make sure it is engaging. The wire was just to the right of the accelerator pedal near the ABS computer

stevearm77

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
I don't have an abs module connected,could this be the issue?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I don't have an abs module connected,could this be the issue?

I don't think so because many times on here when people have ABS problems (many warning lights on) we have suggested unplugging the the ABS module to see if the warning lights go out and when they do the car still runs.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
The VT tune won't run the car with the VY dash present. The VY dash has different serial data and throws out the VT tune over all.

You'll need to get a VY tune in there. Be careful if the car's auto though because the VT and VY autos run different line pressure control solenoid set ups.

You may want to contact Dicks Electronics in NSW to send you a tuning solution.

stevearm77

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
I'm currently using a VY ECU & BCM

The VT tune won't run the car with the VY dash present. The VY dash has different serial data and throws out the VT tune over all.

You'll need to get a VY tune in there. Be careful if the car's auto though because the VT and VY autos run different line pressure control solenoid set ups.

You may want to contact Dicks Electronics in NSW to send you a tuning solution.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
both ecu & bcm were sold to me as a matched set with a remote key head, can they loose the link when removed from the original car?

They shouldnt no, try putting the memcal from the old ecu into this ecu.