Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Exec Grill Just Changed

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
well i got so sick of it i had to change it, so away i went.
heres the results, until i get my SS bumper and grill. p.s it was nighttime when i put it back on, if someone likes it and wants better pictures ill take some during the day.

grill.jpg

The Stig

Reaction score
I think its the chrome outline..

exec's didnt have it...

its a Berlina grill...

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
Hey I'm considering something similar - can you post a pic that actually shows how that looks? Is it a Berlina grille, or did you just get chrome surrounds for the Exec grille?

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
it also one has one bar across... instead of the three small ones on the exec...

i have the same plans for mine, except going full SS front... :)

looks good mate.

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
yeh chromed the outside rim of it, hahah sorry should of said what i actually did. paintjob is tops thanks to my girlfriend who does a lot of custom motorcycle helmets using chrome paint, and she lent me stuff she uses.

next im going to reduce the amount of slats running across it and then put black mesh behind it.

grill3.jpg

grill2.jpg

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
Nice job! Looks very classy.

I was planning something fairly similar to that - removing all but the middle slat and putting silver mesh behind it (the rest of the car is black). I like the chrome paint - what is it? Does it stay shiny or will it go dull after prolonged sun exposure?

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
my plans include that, single bar across, chrome surroun, chrome lip on the back (like series 2) MAYBE chrome door trims... SS front end, small spoiler, other than that, body can stay the same... fudge lowering it, I like going fast over speed bumps... :p

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
nah it wont go dull as i put a coat of some sealant crap my girlfriend uses on the helmets she does, ill find out what the name of the stuff was.
generally any decent chrome paint will do, and then a clear coat of something that protects it. hardest part is taping it up so you get a smooth line all the way around.