Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy executive to vy berlina

fruity

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy executive
Hi l need help! l'm swapping over my bumper bars, f/r lights and side skirts from my executive to a berlina and would like to know can l do this myself or do l need to take it to a panel shop . Is it hard to do? l also want to lower it and put on 17" rims instead of the current 16" "s" rims but it needs to be high enough to take ski chains . Can anyone help me with what l should get in suspension and tyre sizes. :unsure:

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
I can help you with the front bumper bar but that is about it. There are two plastic screws/retainers (ones where the middle part screws out of a sleeve which expands it holding things in place) in the middle of he bumper under the number plate, in the front air dam which go in vertically, then you remove 2 or three screws from the front wheel arches on each side then there is one more on each side on the underside of the bumper, where the underside meets the wheel arch, once oll of these are removed it is just held in with clips, so grab the bumper at one wheel arch and give it a sharp strong tug outwards and the clip will pop out, then it is a matter of working your way around the car doing the rest of them, easy as, takes about 15 min all up. Once you have this off you can see all how the headlights come out easily.

Just out of curiosity, why are you changing the berlina bars to executive ones?.

fruity

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy executive
l'm changing the executive to berlina because l got the lot for $520.00 ncludung freight from NSW. thanks for your help i :thumbsup:

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
ah..... sorry I thought you meant the other way around.

maccaorgordon

Reaction score