Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy exhaust and performance

jadenrichards

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy spac s1
Hey guys I have a vy commodore with a n/a ecotec and put competition pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch cat delete pipes and a 2.5 inch twin cat back exhaust on and i have now lost a lot of bottom end torque and power. I knew before hand this would happen as it is a huge system for a n/a v6 but didn’t think it would make a significant difference in performance.
I know more air in would help so am getting the manifold insulator and plenum spacer
has anyone done this before and if so what did you do to get bottem end torque back?
will a tune simply fix it? or help?

westside

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Acclaim
those competition extractors are more suited for L67, that is why you have no bottom end torque. get regular pacemakers that suit ecotec's only.

bretttwo

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 ecotec vu low class low power
I'm interested to know aswel , except I think I'll use the 25mm and the 12mm spacer, stock headers just heat rap. With good plugs hi temp leads.And use the twin exhaust setup from the factory 300kw ve 3.6 calais. Definitely only be using one cat. And changing the center mufflers for resonators. And hopefully I get lucky with finding and being about to use the 5ltr vr or vs t.b I know it's only 4mm .

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I'm interested to know aswel , except I think I'll use the 25mm and the 12mm spacer, stock headers just heat rap. With good plugs hi temp leads.And use the twin exhaust setup from the factory 300kw ve 3.6 calais. Definitely only be using one cat. And changing the center mufflers for resonators. And hopefully I get lucky with finding and being about to use the 5ltr vr or vs t.b I know it's only 4mm .
You do realise an exhaust system for a ve won’t fit your vu, totally different body and chassis design, also they never made a 300kw v6 either, 5L throttle body wont fit on an ecotec either they only fit with the older buick (vn-vr) v6’s

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This sounds like an amazing car that doesn’t exist.

bretttwo

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 ecotec vu low class low power
You do realise an exhaust system for a ve won’t fit your vu, totally different body and chassis design, also they never made a 300kw v6 either, 5L throttle body wont fit on an ecotec either they only fit with the older buick (vn-vr) v6’s
Thank you good sir. And as for the 300kw v6 I don't know about you my friend but we got that car like that brand new. The car yard papers said 300kw . I'm not a holden master. I'm just interested in the ecotec. I understand what your saying about the exhaust, but maybe if I use resonators instead of that muffler I could have a hanger pick up of the Trans mount, I've not move fwd so it all eyes and information hunting. If you don't mind good sir what would be a good exhaust swap over. I really don't want to del the cat and have 2.5 with a single res and rear muffler. I want sound good not annoying.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
fca561eb-8e25-4e08-a1c7-c3d5b60742f2_text.gif