Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] + VY How to disable Traction Control (ETC)

jstcraig

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Monaro V2/04 X8 Crewman
Gday Thanks for this as I have jst purchased an VX Monaro and was wondering why the traction control wasnt working maybe this is the answer do u know if this mod will affect the cruise contol local dealer has told me that the two controls work in unison and I read on a forum that removing the maf can affect traction contol as well any comments would be greatly appreciated thankyou .

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
This version will not disable your cruise control. As long as it's been performed properly. Good luck with fixing it.

As for the MAF, yes it is quite possible that it will affect traction control, based on how traction control works the timing and tries to retard it. Without properly knowing the air flow coming in it could even stall your engine.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
Gday Thanks for this as I have jst purchased an VX Monaro and was wondering why the traction control wasnt working maybe this is the answer do u know if this mod will affect the cruise contol local dealer has told me that the two controls work in unison and I read on a forum that removing the maf can affect traction contol as well any comments would be greatly appreciated thankyou .

removing the MAF without having the vehicle tuned to run without the MAF will definitely effect cruise control, thats if the car will run at all.
If The Vehicle has a "mafless" tune then the tuner may have disabled traction control.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
a simple relay set up is all that is needed to open circuit the wire to turn off the t/c when running on LPG have done this on many cars i have converted to LPG and its automatic when LPG is selected , some processor like sprint gas 295 299 modules have this relay set up built in to them .

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Alien, I attempted this yesterday and found that "Pushing terminal 27 out of the connector" was alot harder than I thought. I bent the contacts when I pushed it, after I noticed they were bent, I bent them back and put it back together, my '04 VY Wagon still runs fine.

Could you please elaborate on "Pushing the wire out of the terminal"?

Thank you.

blow thru

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2 SS
Anyone no if vu ss ute has trac control? i heard all utes dont have this , anyone no if its true? cheers

jstcraig

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Monaro V2/04 X8 Crewman
Gday each terminal in the connector will have a small tag on the terminal its self to lock it in u need to push the wire forward slightly and with a suitable tool depress the tag so u can pull the wire and connector thru pretty much all terminals locate this way cheers

oo7bmw

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 s2 vy sv6
hi guys got 04 sv6 vy and traction control is pissn me of when i take of it just grips and goes. its a ex highway patrol here in nz so i understand that the t/c button could have been removed but i cant find any wires from the loom to set one up.also when i removed b/w wire from abs pump it didnt change a thing,when i disconnect the abs plug it disables t/c as the light comes on on the dash (t/C off) is there any thing else i can try? cheers adam

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
oo7bmw, quick question. Your car is it a series 2 VY? Or a VZ? The VZ saw the introduction if the Alloytec (SV6) motor. The series 2 VY will have the ecotec motor... unless it's been changed over manually. I'm not too sure about the process for VZ's or if this even works with them.

You may need to take it back to a Holden dealer so they can turn it off for you, especially if you can't find the button connector.

Does your vehicle look like this (without the police lights and logos of course)? If so you've got yourself an SV6.
2004-2006_Holden_VZ_Commodore_SV6_sedan_(New_Zealand_Police)_01.jpg

oo7bmw

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 s2 vy sv6
um has a diffrent front if i go to carjam.com it says it a sv6 and on the rego tag .guy at holden wnt help me as he knows wat im gna get up 2 if i attaced pix proply it looks like that 1

Attachments

• vy.jpg
    vy.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 612