Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY LPG Wagon Conversion Advice Please

steve40

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
yea commsirac I do want to get one close to me so I don,t have to travel but at the same time I would travel a bit for quality maybe not to the other side of town.

blownba

Reaction score
Now if ya want, the best thing you could do is ring me on 9887-1315. All you guys with Jan 04 onwards VY's will have to go with Eurogas injection as there is currently no emission approved kit in Tartarini for the VY. But the Eurogas is emission approved for VY. Or you can fit the factory IMPCO emission approved kit.
I do fit the GENUINE IMPCO ( I am a Impco certified installer) factory kit for VY WHICH IS emission certified and runs very well but will not hold a candle to a good injection system but is about 2 grand cheaper.
And commisirac, I have many a customer come from miles away to get a half decent job, I had a Ford forum member come to me recently from country vic, a 1200km round trip, to get his BA XR8 manual done and he has never been happier as he has no need to come back as there is NOTHING WRONG.
Now I'm not saying I'm God's gift or anything CAUSE I'M NOT!!! but I have enough experience to take the time to do things right the first time, I am not a high volume conversion business I do only what I can handle as I am the only guy doin the conversions so you can be sure that you are getting the best workman in the shop doin your gas every time, not that you go to so called reputable workshops that have 3 really experienced guys fitting and then they also have 3 guys that have only been doing gas for a couple of months, all they have done is the training course and they think they can fit gas!!!! Its like Russian Roulette.
Ill get some pics over the next few days as I'm going to have to find em at work and scan em.

Last edited:

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Now I'm not saying I'm God's gift or anything CAUSE I'M NOT!!! but I have enough experience to take the time to do things right the first time, I am not a high volume conversion business I do only what I can handle as I am the only guy doin the conversions so you can be sure that you are getting the best workman in the shop doin your gas every time, not that you go to so called reputable workshops that have 3 really experienced guys fitting and .
That's good to hear, but doesnt seem to be the way most operators work, they rely on the customers to find the stuff they didnt do properly. So all your conversions are drive in, never have to be seen again.....with the exception of a 10000km tune up etc?

blownba

Reaction score
No thats far from it. Most conversions I have done I have picked up the vehicle or owner as a regular customer for servicing and or repairs.
I am not so big to think that my conversions will not have issues at some stage there are far too many variables to consider, but having said that so far lately I had a pretty good run with the stuff I've done.
What I seem to be doin more of is fixen other fitters $%#@ ups and its startin to get to me.
1000k services are always free.

rokkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII
blownba

Can you confirm the impco Holden LPG System is not a Direct injection?
If this is the case I will stick to Tartarini as you mention and as previously arrived

My Ride is VY Series II built in 2003 registered in Feb 2004 and assume you have fitted the Tartarini to VY II 2003 Vehicle?

Cheers

blownba

Reaction score
The Impco system is not the injection type of conversion, Impco do not have their own system the closest they have is the BRC sequent VSI (they bought out BRC)

Have not done Tartarini to a VY 03 as yet, but it really isnt any different to a VX. I have fitted the Eurogas to a VY and I have also done Prins (shudders) on a VY.
The Eurogas and Tartarini systems poo all over the Prins even though they run the same injector (Eurogas) simply because the Eurogas and Tartarini gear come preloaded with a vehicle specific base map whereas the nasty Prins gear has a autotune function that gets the tune nowhere near right (the one I fitted did anyway) To get it right you'd need at least a day on the dyno to sort it, whereas the Eurogas and Tartarini stuff always comes with preloaded base tunes that have had MANY, many hours spent on them to sort them out, by tuners that are far smarter than I am when it comes to building base maps.

TheJack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 3.8
Thanks

Thanks for all your posts blownba.
I'll have to give you a call sometime soon and arrange it to be done.
I was hoping to find someone who seemed to know what they're on about.
Does anyone know how long the government are going to keep paying the rebate for conversions? Will it change if the gov does? Could affect my vote desision:)
I think I need to pay the full amount upfront anyway which is close to $3k isn't it and then $2k back from the rebate?

I drove a VS on lpg for a few months.
The savings in the wallet each week were incredible so I think its worth it anyway even tho I do far less k's per week now with my new work/home location.

rokkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII
TheJack

I think the offer ends 2010, and your required to pay the full amount and receive a chq through medicare within 12 days.

Here's all the info~

LPG Vehicle Scheme

Cheers

milka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
LPG conversion brings on the check engine

Had a impco system fitted to my 2004 exec II, the installers have had several goes but can,t stop the ' check engine ' alarm coming on after a short time traveled. Reluctant to take it back as the last time the engine started stalling. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Black CDTi Astra 6sp manual
blownba,

I have some pics of the 'conventional' mixer factory set-up on a VY II sedan pics if you would like me to post them.

Me personally we had our 03/2005 SV6 converted to injected LPG using a SprintGas OMVL kit and it ran a dream, only complaint I have is when they put the wiring/hoses thru the firewall it slightly increased the road-noise. Have since sold this car to a good mate and he swears by it. If members are interested I posted some pics of it in the VZ section last year shouldn't take too much effort to serach for the pics. Did 570-580kms around down using the full 75L useable tank of LPG, further than ULP!!

We now have a MY06 SX6 Adventra that we are going to get done in the new year, but sadly the donut tanks only hold between 60-65L useable which should return just over 400kms.

Anyone in WA, I use Steens in Balcatta never had a drama with them and they have fantastic customer skills and always put the customer first, would recommend them to anyone in WA.

rgds

Tom/WA