Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY No crank, No ECU, No Windows, No central Locking Just got the SS running last week, turned out to be a RESOLVED

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d first go to the OBD port. Undo it. Back probe the pins to see if it’s a loose pin in the port.
Use a fine pin to get contact from the back or careful placement of a test light on the back of the plug.

brado1357

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS LS1
I’d first go to the OBD port. Undo it. Back probe the pins to see if it’s a loose pin in the port.
Use a fine pin to get contact from the back or careful placement of a test light on the back of the plug.
Been away for work so only now got a chance to look at things.
Only getting around 1V on the OBD pin when removed.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hi all
VY SS LS1 Auto
I've brought someone else's project, the engine has been out of the car for 1 year and now I've put it back together but it wont start.

Issues I've found so far
No central locking
No power windows
No OBD2 port power
No fuel pump
No crank

No central locking or power windows suggests a BCM issue. A lack of communication also points to the BCM as it is the Bus master IIRC.

I'd be looking to make sure the BCM is getting power for starters.

brado1357

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS LS1
No central locking or power windows suggests a BCM issue. A lack of communication also points to the BCM as it is the Bus master IIRC.

Pulled it out, and BCM seems to be getting power. Using this diagram I found pins 13 and 22 both had 12V constant but pin 2 (accessory) had no power not sure if this is output from the BCM.
But that seems to be good, opened up the BCM and no sign of issues nothing burnt out.
https://www.ls1gto.com/threads/does-anyone-have-a-bcm-wiring-diagram.485777/

brado1357

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS LS1

OBD port is only getting 1V, pulled the PIM and it has good 12V and Ground and pins 15 and 16.
This suggests to me that PIM is the issue according to this https://injectronics.com.au/resources/blog/holden-commodore-vy-vz-pim-module/
I just ran external power to the OBD power pin and the immobilizer light is now flashing and the power window relay is constantly clicking.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
My bad, I forgot about the PIM. Looks like you are making progress.

brado1357

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS LS1
Just got the SS running last week, turned out to be a faulty BCM.