Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy s

DTM87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Chevrolet Lumina S V6 (VY Commodore)
Thought id chuck a few photos up of my car.

I moved from Brisbane to Abu Dhabi for work, and waited 6 months before I bought a car. Walking everywhere, and catching cabs got a bit much. Especially when summer hit.

Could have bought something different but opted for this and its been really good. Serviced it and replaced what need to be replaced. Previous owner put a heap of rediculous badges on it so most of them have been removed, and he also thought painting the roof was appropriate too.

Anyway hope to keep it for awhile, its the first Commodore ive owned.

2004 Chev Lumina S
3.8 Auto
132,XXXkms

Pretty much most of its standard apart from the roof. Have intentions to put new wheels on it and a new stereo, we are limited on mods what can be done. I certainly did not put the badges on, but there are quite a few getting around with Holden badges.

Cheers
Dan

DSCF1419.jpgDSCF1420.jpgDSCF1421.jpgDSCF1422.jpg

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
I personally like the roof color, maybe drop it an inch and roll on some nice 18's, will look sick

Mz ENV11T

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ 2006
Wow its weird seeing a left hand drive vy lol
It looks clean. Im jealous of ur sunroof

Last edited:

DTM87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry to the late reply! Hope you all had an awesome christmas and new years!

Definately want wheels, but struggling to find places here that do nice ones. Did find a place in Dubai that sell nice ones and resonably priced but i will keep looking.
Black roof has grown on me! helps when im at a shopping centre and get a bit lost lol.

Thanks for your comments :)

DTM87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wow its weird seeing a left hand drive vy lol
It looks clean. Im jealous of ur sunroof

LHD took a bit of getting used to, especially when i got here. Going around the roundabouts did too haha.
Like having a glass sunroof, its good about this time of the year the weather is nice and cool. summer is a different story!

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
Woah LHD in a VY. Bizarro Commodore.

Nice car though mate, the black roof doesn't look too bad as long as it was done right, which I can't tell from the pics.

DTM87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Woah LHD in a VY. Bizarro Commodore.

Nice car though mate, the black roof doesn't look too bad as long as it was done right, which I can't tell from the pics.

Cheers mate :) So far ive seen VT-VE LHD and the equiv Statesmans and Monaro all very popular here. The roof is matt black and they did a half decent job. I had to renew registration last month and they werent going to pass it because the vehicle colour with the details they have of the car. Silly idea but fixed now.

Still blow out at the cost of registering a car here, and fuel too but I wont rub that in!