Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS "Check Oil" -Advice wanted please

Ddridan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ R8 Clubsport
I was just doing as the mechanic told me to do. They put engine flush in on Wednesday and told me to drive it to work and back until today, when they changed the oil. I think I may as well do the next oil flush. What should flushing oil do you recommend? Do i use the engine flush, drive for a 1/2 hour and then drain and fill up with new good oil (Mobil1??)? Or do I drain the oil, then fill up with oil, drain again and then fill with the premium oil?

Ddridan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ R8 Clubsport
How would you do the whole process? I'm thinking I may do it myself again in 2,000kms.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
its possible your filter block from the cleaning.

just change your filter only, and test oil pressure with a analogue gauge..

if it fail the test (low) then look at an aftermarket oil pump. (engine does "not" need to be removed!)

Ddridan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ R8 Clubsport
Hm okay, thanks for the advice. The filter and oil were both changed today after it had the flush in it, this being the second service in 3,500kms :/

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
the oil will be fine, the filter may be saturated with sludge. remove and check filter.

so $11.00 wont kill the budget for a filter, don't wast money on oil if its a pump problem..

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I'm pretty sure you are not meant to drive the car when you put oil flush in. It thins the **** out of the oil and the last bottle I purchased was very specific about not subjecting the engine to any loads such as driving.

anyone else care to comment?

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
I'm pretty sure you are not meant to drive the car when you put oil flush in. It thins the **** out of the oil and the last bottle I purchased was very specific about not subjecting the engine to any loads such as driving.

anyone else care to comment?

Everything Ive ever read or heard is the same. there's a good thread on it in the ls1 forum from the guy from mainlube

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Nulon website has this to say about using their engine flush:

"Prior to oil change, add to engine crankcase oil (up to 6 litres) and run the engine at idle for 10 -15 minutes. Stop the engine and drain/flush out the oil while warm. Install new oil and filter."

and also:

"Caution - To prevent possible engine damage, heavily sludged engines require professional removal and cleaning of oil sump, pick-up and rocker cover."

Ddridan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ R8 Clubsport
Okay thanks for the info guys. Sounds like my mechanic is bunch of clowns..