Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS ERROR "Service Error, Contact Retailer"

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Ahhh... maybe, Id suggest looking for anything related with engine or communications in the fuses and replace with a good fuse (brand new) incase theres some sort of hairline fracture or something?
Other then that, not sure.

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Looks like a job for tomorrow. I don't think servos carry the mini blade fuses. Will buy new fuses first thing and replace the lot I think. Time for a beer I think!

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Don't forget the ecu and bcm are linked to the pim (power train interface module) located in the passenger kick panel. It essentially communicates all of the computers in the car so they can communicate with each other

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Cheers. I am looking through the Holden SIP to see if there is anything else I can check.

Has me stuffed!! Am meant to be driving up to Darwin to have some goodies installed but that may have to wait. Cross fingers it is something simple.

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
I had a vx ss do that to me I know it sounds strange but the abs moduel can do this. Give a service error on the dash and also cause starting problems. So can the pim moduel

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
I have disconnected the ABS and error is still alive and kicking. What ever has caused this has disabled a lot of items.

No fuel, no central locking, no OBD2 power.

Key works fine and also transmits. The slip ring is contacting and not broken. Spare key also does not work. I am off to get new fuses when the shops open.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I have disconnected the ABS and error is still alive and kicking. What ever has caused this has disabled a lot of items.

Key works fine and also transmits. The slip ring is contacting and not broken. Spare key also does not work. I am off to get new fuses when the shops open.

I does make sense for it to be some sort of fuse, but it has to be bcm related since that deals with your keys and immobilizer stuff. Also you get the same errors on a dash when you dont have a bcm connected since the bcm is the "bus master", meaning everything sends its status to it and then it broadcasts it over the comms.
Ill have a look at the possible fuses to check in my car.

Havent heard of BCM's just frying them self. Except in VZ's where they start throwing the SVS and powertrain warnings for no reason and suddenly **** themself.

Rhys collins

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute 1998 s2

Did you ever figure out what coursed it's as I'm having the same problem doing the exact same thing

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
what do you call that oil level switch in the sump thats the useual case of that error.
OIL LEVEL SENSOR SWITCH?