Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS Seats - Sagging?

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Hi Guys/Girls.

This topic has probably been flogged by now, given that these cars are 12-13 years old. I did try to search but didn't come across anything that was a fix indefinitely.

The side of my drivers seat has been steadily flattening out over the past 6 months. I'd say the previous owner was a little bit on the beefy side.

I have ordered the plastic section for the side of the seat, but I was wondering if there were any other parts that I may need to save me removing the seat twice.

Cheers,
Nick

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Seat pad foam most likely as well, you're going to have to remove it and strip it down not a small job.

Sometimes easier and cheaper to just buy a used seat from the same model.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Sometimes new foam inserts show up on flea bay but yeah unless you know what your doing it will be a big job. Options are go to a trimmer or buy a better condition second hand seat. There is the after market buckets as well but i don't know if there legal blah blah etc.

Dodgy01

Dodgy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS COMMODORE UTE
Dude don't pull the seats out without disconnecting the battery. You have to disconnect the SRS wring and will produce a fault code if you just disconnect it

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
With the SRS fault, you don't need to disconnect the battery Just leave the ignition off and leave the key out. In saying that, it is safer to disconnect the battery.

We do seats all the time at work (warranty jobs). You can simply replace the foam base with a new one from Holden or eBay. But it can be a bit of work taking it apart. It would be easier to find a used one, will probably take a while to find one in mint condition though.

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Cheers for the replies guys!
I think if I can find a seat base/foam, i'll go down that route as my seat cloth is mint.