Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SV8 stange fault help

Gee Force

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Hi have a strange problem with my 2003 vy sv8 I was cruising along at 60km then it started to chug then it shut down, got it going by holding throtle flat and had to keep throtling it to keep running (running very rough). I have since changed spark plugs, removed Injektors and had them cleaned thay were extreamly dirty so I went to the extent of romoving fuel tank cleaning it out, new fuel pump and filter and blew out fuel lines thinking I had a fuel issue. This hasent helped it apears that the injectors are dumping to much fuel as the spark plugs are comming out carboned up and the injectors very wet, I have a carman scan tool but im geting no codes, tried another maf and map sencor no change. Has any one ever had ecu problems? greatfule for any advice or sugestions.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
could be a faulty maf sensor... the engine isnt knowing how much air its getting so to be safe it just goes to mega rich setting

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Sounds like mine when i disconnect the intake pipe on the throttle body to use the spray throttle body cleaner. You said you tried another maf sensor so maybe look at the wiring for the maf.