Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY-VZ Stereo Mods For Melbourne!!

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
Hi guys and gals!!

I have successfully completed my first "Phreddy Approved" VY-VZ Stereo mod on my own VY Clubby. Phreddy has openly allowed me to be the Melbourne arm of his operation for the fitting of this product, so if you are down here and would like it done, just leave me a message or contact me on my email [email protected] for a price. Now admittedly, I can't do it for the same price as Phreddy as I need to have the units mailed down to me from him but it still works out cheaper than a decent aftermarket head unit without compromising the looks of your VY or VZ. I will happily modify your unit if you are in Metro Melb, Geelong or Ballarat as I am on the west side of Melb. Latrobe Valley people, sorry, but we may need to make some sort of arrangement, ie you coming to melb for a day for conversion or mailing relevent parts to me for conversion as Phreddy has done in Sydney. So there you go Victorians! I await your call! And just for the record, I am qualified in Electronics having worked around Twoway radios and Cellular phones all my working life.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
HSVKEV - If you can do the LEDs as well then ill be banging down your door at a very fast rate (as im in the western suburbs as well and the only thing stopping me getting it done was going to syd)

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
Talked with phreddy awhile ago about the red dash kit,im in the western suburbs to,just need a price on the kit and install,for my Vz sv6 auto.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
G'day guys.

Kev - I forgot to ask you about this when we were talking on the phone. How's your hand with surface mount soldering?? Maxy and Brett (and a few others) have been after this for some time, but I've been hesitant to organise kits for them unless they're either able to get the install done, or get around to coming up my way. It's a bit of a trip after all! ;)

Cheerz! :thumbsup:

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
Well guys, sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here, now, as for surface mount soldering, yes I have done it before, Phreddy, if there is some way you can show me what these Blue LEDs look like, I can give you an accurate answer as to whether I can do them or not. Maxy, Brett & Wanted7 once I know this, I can get supply prices from Phreddy and then will be able to give you a full and accurate quote on what it will all cost. Leave me some details on the email address I posted and we can go from there. Look forward to hearing from you all.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey guys.

Kev - we'll talk on this. I can send the docco to you for a squiz, brace your inbox. BTW - how'd you go with the line in thing? Get around the trouble?? Sorry I didn't catch up with you on that too, but been flat chat lately.

Anyhow, cheerz All. Back soon.

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
Phreddy said:
Hey guys.

Kev - we'll talk on this. I can send the docco to you for a squiz, brace your inbox. BTW - how'd you go with the line in thing? Get around the trouble?? Sorry I didn't catch up with you on that too, but been flat chat lately.

Anyhow, cheerz All. Back soon.
you're notthe only one Phreddy, I am very busy too! Still haven't had the chance to look into it. Careful, you might get it back soon!!

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
HSVKEV260R8 said:
Well guys, sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here, now, as for surface mount soldering, yes I have done it before, Phreddy, if there is some way you can show me what these Blue LEDs look like, I can give you an accurate answer as to whether I can do them or not. Maxy, Brett & Wanted7 once I know this, I can get supply prices from Phreddy and then will be able to give you a full and accurate quote on what it will all cost. Leave me some details on the email address I posted and we can go from there. Look forward to hearing from you all.
This is the the mod i like.Im in the Western suburbs as well,just no to good at the electrical stuff,just not prepaired to drive to sydney for the mod.

Attachments

• RedCluster.jpg
    RedCluster.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 3,181

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
brett - Kev hasn't said he'll do the dash's yet, they are a bit more complicated compared to the stereo mod i think.
All we can do is wait for kev to read the instruction manual and decide if he;s up to it.
(and hopefully phreddy has LED's left still)