Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY wagon exhaust

doober77

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy wagon
Hey guys, I have a VY wagon series 2 and am looking to get one of these exhausts off ebay but they all dont fit a series 2? so just wondering why that is and what the difference is between series 1 and 2 and if anyone knows where to get a good exhaust?

unregistered

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 S2
in theory, the Series 1 had a single CAT system and series 2 had a twin system. However this is not totally accurate since i believe the twin cat system came out in early 2004, and series 2 started september/october 2003. Have a look under your car and see what type you have.

doober77

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy wagon
you've both helped alot cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The change over was the date that Euro 4 (Strikethrough does't work?) sorry, Euro 3 emissions kicked in, that's why the VY went from single to twin cat.

By the way, the Manta system I do fits all VY's, single and twin cat.

Last edited:

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais

This is what you want. We hear nothing but praise about NAAF's Manta systems around here. Screw eBay, buy from NAAF through a PM. Do it.

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
Yep I'd have to agree go with NAAF mate.

D4M4GE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Wagon 5.7L Gen III LS1
The change over was the date that Euro 4 (Strikethrough does't work?) sorry, Euro 3 emissions kicked in, that's why the VY went from single to twin cat.

Hey mate, sorry to necro an old thread, but I can't find the answers I need and I couldn't work out how to PM you.

I've got a 2004 VY berlina wagon with an LS1 and I'm looking at some proper engine work in the future, big cams, heads, etc.
I currently have 1 7/8' long tube 4 into 1 headers, into a 2.5 inch cat back exhaust. It came with cat deletes, but as someone mentioned in the thread linked above, the lengths didn't match up, so I bought high flow cats and had a shop add them to the delete pipes and lengthen them to make the flanges meet up.

What I want is to go to a 3 inch cat back system, but nearly all the info I can find says that the ute and wagon are the same design, but only the 2.5 inch will fit the wagon.

Does manta have a 3 inch cat back system that will fit my vehicle, and do I need a series 1 or series 2 system to fit the modified length cat pipes I have now?

sorry again for necroing, if you know how to PM I'd love to learn. :)

Cheers mate.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Hey mate, sorry to necro an old thread, but I can't find the answers I need and I couldn't work out how to PM you.

I've got a 2004 VY berlina wagon with an LS1 and I'm looking at some proper engine work in the future, big cams, heads, etc.
I currently have 1 7/8' long tube 4 into 1 headers, into a 2.5 inch cat back exhaust. It came with cat deletes, but as someone mentioned in the thread linked above, the lengths didn't match up, so I bought high flow cats and had a shop add them to the delete pipes and lengthen them to make the flanges meet up.

What I want is to go to a 3 inch cat back system, but nearly all the info I can find says that the ute and wagon are the same design, but only the 2.5 inch will fit the wagon.

Does manta have a 3 inch cat back system that will fit my vehicle, and do I need a series 1 or series 2 system to fit the modified length cat pipes I have now?

sorry again for necroing, if you know how to PM I'd love to learn. :)

Cheers mate.
You'll probably have to start a new thread since @Not_An_Abba_Fan hasn't logged in for over a year... To PM people, I think you need a certain post count in the technical sections before you can do this, to prevent spammers and scammers...

D4M4GE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Wagon 5.7L Gen III LS1
You'll probably have to start a new thread since @Not_An_Abba_Fan hasn't logged in for over a year... To PM people, I think you need a certain post count in the technical sections before you can do this, to prevent spammers and scammers...
No worries, I'll keep looking if someone knows what the go is, otherwise I'll make a new thread. cheers for the help.