Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz aftermarket aeriel

AnDReII

я σ м µ и s k ι
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CALAIS
hey guys

my cars getting resprayed at the moment and i asked the panel beater to take off the factory 14 meter aerial that comes with the car.
Just wondering if anyone can recommend me an actual decent antenna that will provide good reception and can be either hidden on the back window or stuck on the outside.. Also is it possible to put a ve antenna on a vz calais with the bee sting... whats involved in the process?

thanks in advance

leethal1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6, HG monaro
I have an aerpro ap259 electronic antenna atuck to the inside of my windscreen above the rear view mirror. seems to work well and you do not notice it because it is in the blacked out area. fairly easy to run the cable in the roof and down the pillar, however if you can find an ap170 they look good to

AnDReII

я σ м µ и s k ι
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CALAIS
does it pick up good singnal? i tend to use the radio from time to time

thanks

leethal1

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have not hooked up the power to the amp yet, however in my garage i get about 3/4 signal strength in my garage (I have a pioneer 7250SD which has a meter on it), so it is a little better than the factory aerial.

AnDReII

я σ м µ и s k ι
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CALAIS
thanks mate.. appreciate the help

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive
14m aerial haha, it's like that :)

I just bought the AERIAL ON EBAY. I'll let you know how it goes if you don't purchase one within a week :)

AnDReII

я σ м µ и s k ι
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CALAIS
haha its true but.. thats the only thing holden screwed up with on the vz. Thanks mate im only getting the car back next week or so and ill be waiting to see which one will be better to buy:)

leethal1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dingdong please do provide feedback, I was looking at them but couldnt wait for up to 2 weeks for delivery.