Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alloytec 175 2 Hole mod

timmy6t9r

Reaction score
Members Ride
04ZUTE
hey mate, i was just googling cheap alloytec mods today and i seen what u wrote and clicked on the link, i looked at it and i thought what a great idea, but instead of making a hole right next to the one already there, i made it at the side and brought a $30 piece of flexible intake pipingand ran it from the box to the front of the grill so i have constant cool air coming in, just like to say thanks mate it really helped and i did definately make a difference, and because i have the 6 speed manual ive got the clutch work there so i can feel it more, thanks for the awesome idea mate :)

timmy6t9r

Reaction score
Members Ride
04ZUTE
hey mate i actually did the 2 hole mod today but i didnt cut the hole next to the one that was already there i made it on the side of the box a brought a $30 piece of flexible intake piping and ran it to the front of the car, makes a **** load of difference and just thought it would of been a better way to go because there is constant cold air flowing in while driving, i can honestly say its prob the cheapest and best mod iv ever done haha

timmy6t9r

Reaction score
Members Ride
04ZUTE
hey mate, i did the 2 hole mod today to my vz ute its not the 190 alloytec just the 175, but i actually cut a hole on the side of the air box instead of next to the existing one and used flexible piping and ran it under the car and towards the front, definately a huge difference i couldnt beileve it, it was like driving a hole new and more powerfull car, hope u succeed mate

shozzy

"Licked by janitor"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive 3.6
double post my bad...? you must be pretty keen on it then aye... that or you've done 3 cars today...? jkn

dee-jan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exec sedan
sorry to ask this..i havnt read all the posts... but is the flanging of the pipes at the end neccesary? or is it just for visual affects.
coz i did mine the other day and assembled it all together and now cant be bothered to flange it out if it dosnt give it any louder sound or better performance. soz for late posts aha

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
Yeah, I love it when it hits that magic 3,000rpm mark and the car changes. Everything opens up and gets louder. Love it.

crazy2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2005 VZ V6
2 Hole Pod

Well was bored misses working thought give this ago 190 VZ Calais followed the 90mm drilled out all up took 45 min packed up the tools took it out for a spin definatley got more of a roar sound under load as for faster I think maybe the sound give that impression but did feel better afte 3500rpm more get up and go so lets see as the ecu sorts itself out over next 500k still have to put the pipes on but got tomorrow to get them will let you