Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ alloytec sparkplugs

count drak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL

MACE

Reaction score
Yes the fitting instructions need to be updated sadly :(

On the manifold insulators note they are completely reusable if you ever decide to take the manifold off again down the track. Just ignore step 14 :embarrass

Cheers,
Steve

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
mantello holden in fawkner quoted me $64 for the gasket, they said they only do the rubbery metal gasket as in the VE's. i will be changing my coils and the heater tap, and o/2 sensors at the same time as the plugs next week along with all the usual service items, mines on 115000km. check ur tap for leaks it looks easier to change with the manifold off, but mine has the L.P.G injectors in the way too.
insulators look good its only and extra $84 and u might gain some power and torque and economy so why not. bit iffy on smearing that gasket sealer s&*t every where tho

NEED YOUR HELP.
it seems like you came accross the same problem i am having with the gas injectors in the way, i would really apprecite if you can please give me a call on 0404544776 or text me and i will call you back as im stuck atm and really need help. i bought the metal gasket but it didnt sit on as it should because the gas injecters are in the way.
anyone that has come across this and has a solution dont hesitate to give me a call.
thanks
Dave 0404544776

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
NEED YOUR HELP.
it seems like you came accross the same problem i am having with the gas injectors in the way, i would really apprecite if you can please give me a call on 0404544776 or text me and i will call you back as im stuck atm and really need help. i bought the metal gasket but it didnt sit on as it should because the gas injecters are in the way.
anyone that has come across this and has a solution dont hesitate to give me a call.
thanks
Dave 0404544776

My VZ V6 has the BRC LPG injection system fitted, and I have just gone through the process of changing the spark plugs & the manifold gasket. I found that I had to push down on the LPG injector outlet lines, to ensure the new metal gasket sat correctly on the lower manifold while fitting the top manifold. It was a little tricky, but not impossible to do, as mine worked out OK.

Running 1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore berlina wagon
Hi Trent . My Name is Andrew I would Love to know Where you got the service manual for the vz. I own a vz belina wagon v6. I have a gregorys edition but it does not show any details and is very limited. Could you please send me any info?