Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz alloytech

F

foammedia

Dunno, I haven't seen a dyno sheet with a stockish alloy tech making 140rwkw but I know a 5 liter with a good exhaust will make 150rwkw, They make about 125 bone stock with the little exhuast and a Auto worst case, but the exhaust is everything on a big breather like the 5 liter. You only have to look a 5 liter sideways to make it go alot faster that stock and are looking at 0-100 in 6.3 rather than 7.3 if you running good timing and a CAI on the 5 liter and even into the 5 second range with a good exhaust.

It would be interesting to see what motor would be quicker in the VN, the 5 liter makes quit a bit more torque and would be over 190kw with a exhaust on it and more timing so it should be able to overcome with extra 50?kilos or whatever it weighs. Anyway you allways have the sound factor which is the probably the major reason you buy a 5 liter in the first place :).

Insurance isn't hardly any different for old guys :) but if your under 25 it's insane on the V8, then again the alloy tech wouldn't pass power to weight in a VN

F

foammedia

All states are different for power to weight, you don't have it in SA do you?. In NSW you can't even drive a 253!, In Victoria you can drive 5 liter statesman's or VT calais but not a 5 liter VN, I'd say you are much mroe likely to kill yourself in a fat statesman than an executive but that's the rules