Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ AWD RANGE: Crewman Cross6 is HERE!

chris87

Reaction score
i'll try and get some prices for the new awd's but uze'll probly get them before i finish uploading these pics...

Attachments

• cross6_1.jpg
    cross6_1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 574
  • cross6_3.jpg
    cross6_3.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 475
  • cross6_5.jpg
    cross6_5.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 497
  • cross6_7.jpg
    cross6_7.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 479
  • cross6_2.jpg
    cross6_2.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 459

Westie2148

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner Cross6
Does anyone know what the round plug is for on the front bumper of this vehicle. It's on the near side of the bumper, just below the headlight.

Westie2148

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner Cross6
I popped the plug out on mine and there is just flat metal behind it. I can't see how anything would be able to attach there. I sent an email to Holden and the said to ask my dealer.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
when we got our adventra they said it was a recovery point, i spose if u were a towtruck driver or sumthing u would know how it works, i cant see how it works either but meh...

dorteerts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Cross 6 Crewman
Does anyone know what the round plug is for on the front bumper of this vehicle. It's on the near side of the bumper, just below the headlight.

I know this post is over 5 years old but does anyone absolutely know for certain what the plug is for? From removing it and looking at what is behind it, I cannot believe it is for a recovery point. There does not appear to be a hook or something similar there.

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
Take a picture of it, will be able to help alot better if I can see it. I will even drop the bumper on my Crewman and see if its unique to the Cross X or just a Holden thing.

leethal1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6, HG monaro
there is a hole and a plate and thread on the other (rear) side of the bumper support, you are suppose to screw an eyelet on a thread into it, If you need to pull from the rear the same thread is just beneath the towhitch reciever. never used mine as it seems a little weak.

dorteerts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Cross 6 Crewman
Nothing but flat metal

As previously mentioned in this thread there is nothing but flat metal behind the plug. There are no threaded holes, hooks or anything else related to a towing/recovery point. Does anybody know what the plug/hole is for??????????????
I have taken a couple of photos to clear up the "hidden threaded hole" conspiracy.

Attachments

• DSCF0599.jpg
    DSCF0599.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 645
  • DSCF0598.jpg
    DSCF0598.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 559

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
Looking at that I can say that it definitely doesnt look strong enough for any form of recovery. I am thinking after seeing that, it could either be a spot for a factory bull bar (not nudge bar). Or possibly for spotlights. When you drop the bumper whats on the other side?