Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais 2005 Reverse Sensor

crazy2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2005 VZ V6
Hi All

Know how to remove the bumper now through posted thread but before wanted to ask the reverse sensor clips that hold in place one of mine is broken is the clip molded to the bumper or a replacement part that I can replace

Cheers

Neil

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Each sensor simply pushes into the bumper - there is no retaining clip. Has your sensor pushed through inside the bumper or is it hanging loose outside and is the plastic surround damaged? If it is damaged, I think you can buy individual sensors but they won't be colour coded. If it has pushed through insdie the bumper simply remove the bumper carefully, disconnect the sensor, then try refitting it to the bumper. If it is too loose and wants to push through, a couple of winds of insulating tape around the sensor should enable it to push home firmly.

crazy2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2005 VZ V6
From a torch light it appeared there is / was a clip on both sides of the sensor unit I could be wrong I did not remove the whole bumper just pulled it forward so will go with your reply and remove the whole bumper and follow your lead on replaceing it as described thanks a heap for the reply

Cheers

Neil

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
I thought my VZ used to have reverse sensors. I could find no mention of it so thought it was a figment of my imagination. I wonder why they stopped working, I haven't seen a fuse for it.