Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ calais esp not working

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 2005
Hi there,

I just bought a VZ Calais and changed the volume control butoons and they work fine. I now have an issue where when i satrt driving within 30 secs the ESP light beeps on the dash and says it is not working. Can i reset this or have i done something wrong?

Thanks

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
thinking there could be a sensor unplugged, did you unplug anything to replace the steering wheel controls? Perhaps you may have forgotten to plug something back in?

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 2005
I have had it scanned and clear the codes but it i,,ediately comes back. Ill have to pull the wheel off again and check to see if i left something unplugged.

Its weird because when i start it up and in park i can switch ESP on and off but when i go to drive the fault comes up.

:spew:

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 2005
Checked over it again and i thought maybe one of the connections was a bit loose. No luck though. Afetr about 30 seconds it starts again.:ranting:

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 2005
Not sure what is going on. I removed the steering wheel the first time and the srs light came on which i had reset but now the ESP light comes on and as soon as i reset it comes on again. It wont come on when the vehicle does its system check but as i said when you drive for bout 30sec it starts beeping and flashing

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 2005
Checked all the fuses and all okay. It has to be something simple but what?

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
Battery. Have read a number of threads where a battery replacement has cured random sketchy faults. Worth a try - even if you just swap with a known good battery for a few days as a trial.