Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz central locking issue's

Ricksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 impulse blue
I all my missus 05 vz wagon has started playing up with the central locking every now and again when you shut the driver's door it will automatically lock the car regardless whether you in it or not. would it be caused by a faulty lock/solenoid in the door, or possibly a loose connection, or could it be something to do with the immobilizer.

adsvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlia
I had a VT commodore and I had the same problem. Apparently an older battery can do it??? But I'm not 100% sure.

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
the locking mech is in need of some lube or the central lock actuator is on its way out

TrickyRicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ Commodore
HI Guys
I have a very similar problem to Ricksta, only difference is that all passenger doors refuse to unlock either by remote or manually. Drivers door opens locks and disables system with remote OK.
Has anyone come across this before? If so how do I unlock the doors (all passenger doors)
I appreciate any advice you guys can give. Thsnks Trickyricky

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
Trickyricky - I had the same issue on my VY mechanic tried new actuators etc but still had the issue, 99.99% sure it was the BCM needing diodes/capacitors replaced.