Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Centre Console Button

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
The symbol is similar to the one in the picture on the right hand side.
http://parkers.bauercdn.com/Images/EPi4_Upload/9948/button.jpg

Sorry, don't have any part numbers or other pictures. The Front Park Assist was stock on the WL Caprice only IIRC, so possibly trawl through Carpoint photos, if you're bored.

I did have a part number for the dome light black out switch, and the price was around $25. I'll try and find it but don't expect any miracles. I had the same idea for the DRL's but I gave up in the end.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
OK, a quick search and I found a picture. Not great or close up but the Park Assist is right in front of the arm rest.

DSCF0222.jpg

Thanks to SKITZN for the photo.

justrhysism

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
I conceded defeat and just installed a rocker switch in the console bin where the light would sit on the luxury models. It's hardly what I was hoping, but is a cheap and easy solution nonetheless. Maybe down the track if I find a proper switch from the wreckers or something I will install that.

6717165841_44e89024eb_b.jpg

Just have to install a relay to get the LED to light up when it's on, will do that this weekend.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I'm seriously just considering finding a neat and tidy rocker switch or similar from Jaycar and drilling out the holes near the TC switch instead.

I would prefer a push in/push out type switch tho, rather than a lit up switch.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
the only issue, like the police blackout switch, is their black.

I'll try to find a PN for the police blackout switch. Surely someone can colour match the paint.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
yeh it was difficult but he was also being very pedantic and had the colour custom matched.

If your only options were black in a tempest car tho Im sure anythings better then nothing

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
You cant really pull the switches apart without damaging them ... I've tried several times!

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
You cant really pull the switches apart without damaging them ... I've tried several times!

Bugger, i am just hoping for a semi-factory look.

I might just put new switches into the centre console box if i can't find any decent switches.. put it where the little 'ripple' like circular sections are at the front of the centre console box.