Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Clubsport

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I agree they don't sound the best iv got a mate with a cammed vy clubby with manta 2.5" and pacey's and it sounds mint but its just to much cop bait. My verex has been on neally 3 years now and never stopped working. Open roads and going on the noise I open it but around town I close it and it is 90db had it passed pits to prove it. Its one of those things u don't like them until u have them.

millsyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
Should I swap for a cammed ve r8 with a l99 Camaro engine

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
turismo would have to be one of the best colours they ever did in the holden range, although i am abit biased haha

Brad87_VZCAL8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 5.7
Awesome as clubby millsyy!!! Sucks about getting EPA'd. As much as a Varex sounds like a crappy thing to go near due to so many bad opinions about them, it seems like a rewarding option in that you can have a loud car that is under 90dB when it needs to be. Tradeoff is sorta alright. I would have it open most of the time and just close it if any police are around or having a look at the car. *v6 stealth mode engaged*

Yo Harris, how much do these Varex systems cost and what variations are there?

millsyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
Well had a bit of a run in again with the same old cop who seems to love my car

Monday afternoon I hopped in my car and started it out the front of the gym and just my luck, tthat cop had to pull up there, he gave me a warning about exhaust and suspension.
I didn't drive the car all week until yesterday because I had to be a wedding car. The weddng was at Nelson bay and the place was full of police because it was the annual bikie meeting or something. I went passed about 10 coppers all day and didn't get pulled over, Coming home I pulled into the servo to fill up, when I was leaving the service station I seen a black fg highway patrol on the other side of the median strip and seen his window going down (guessing to hear my car). As soon as I got around the corner flogged it home and parked the car around the back, behind the gate! two minutes later he arrives at my house and knocks on my door, then goes on about warning me earlier in the week and has no choice but to defect me now. although he wouldn't give me the notice on the spot?

Are police able to defect a car that is on private property?
I can understand they can report you for excessive noise!
but how can a officer defect you for suspension if they haven't measured your car and its on private property?

He said my defects are exhaust (EPA) and suspension

can someone clarify any of this for me? sorry about the punctuation and grammar, still hungover and pissed off haha :mad:

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Sad to hear u get so much trouble from the cops I had the same problem with them saying it was to low and not even measuring it. Theres nothing you can do either way they going to get you for something. Verex and bags might be the go for you aswell.

You cant win with cops like that.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Picks of how low It was when u got defected.

Have u changed your exhaust since uour last defect?