Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Commodore Sunroof... AM I NUTS.

mmmdonuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equipe 05
I am seriously considering putting a sunroof in my 05 VZ Commodore Equipe..
Car colour is siver.. I really like how the car has a upmarket look to it and i reckon it would look tight. .. Am I NUTS.. what do you think? The wife thinks so. But with the right sort of one i really think it would look fantastic with the overall look of the car. Post your views letting me know your thoughts.:bang:

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
Go for it man, they look sick as. My mate Shifty got an electric one installed on his ute and looks mad as.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
mmmdonuts said:
I am seriously considering putting a sunroof in my 05 VZ Commodore Equipe..
Car colour is siver.. I really like how the car has a upmarket look to it and i reckon it would look tight. .. Am I NUTS.. what do you think? The wife thinks so. But with the right sort of one i really think it would look fantastic with the overall look of the car. Post your views letting me know your thoughts.:bang:

Yes you are nuts. No question about it. You don't need to put a sunroof in your car to prove it.

As for your car - if you like a sunburnt head - go for the sunroof. If you want to do it just because you want your car to look classy - forget it. No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd!

Reaper

DustPuppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
I have a sunroof in my 05 SV6 and i love it.
I guess it depends if u can justify the expense.

SLugg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.2 T6060 Sting Red Trutrac harrop 500hp
if I want to sit in the sun I would have bought a convertable
my wife has one in her car and we never use it

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
From peoples experiences (that i have heard of) I would steer clear of aftermarket sunroofs. Factory ones are usually the only way to go reliability wise. Just remember you are going to cut a hole in your roof and once the warranty/guarantee for the work has run out any leaks are your problem......

seal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL 5speed + VR Exec S2..
Go for It

I had an electric sunroof in my previous car and it was the best luxury accessory I have ever used.

With extremely variable weather in Melbourne the roof enabled me to get the best of the warmer days in winter and the of the nights during summer.
I would never have it open fully while driving on a mid summer day.
On a hot day you crack it open while parked to keep down the heat inside the car.
I also have an Aunger rear louvre fitted to keep the car a bit cooler.

I did some research for my VZ Lumina (silver also) and when I can afford it I will go for a package offered by The Sunroof Centre <[email protected]> at about $2300 including dark tint for the windows for a full electric system.
They have a good range available for sedans and utes.

mmmdonuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equipe 05
Well, thanks for your input fellas. I'm thinking of more of a tinted non- retractable one just for show. In other words i'd get it just for my satifaction to what i think would add to the overall look of the vehicle. :w00t:

mitchy_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s pack 5spd/ vs calais S1
sunroofs loook amazing lol i luv them .. but i duno .. $$$.. not worth money tho.. its not that good for the $$$ lol