Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Computer Chip

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
"The standard Commodore VZ 3.6 V6 Alloytec 175 produces 175 kW and 320 Nm.
Powerchip has a range of chips which can increase it's power to between 176 kW and 192 kW, and it's torque to between 323 Nm and 348 Nm.
The price of the Powerchip ranges from AUD $690.00 to AUD $890.00."

Pick-up from standing is great now as is highway overtaking :w00t:
I didn't need to mod the diff gears or put a shift kit in the auto
no warenty voids either
saving heaps of $$$$

HUMBLZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
oh k sounds good!did u get it installed down in South Melbourne?or did u have to post it?how long did the process take?cheers=)

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
G'day Humblz
Dropped the car in 8.00am on a Friday morning at Sth Melb.
They gave me a loaner to get to work
Picked it up 12 noon same day :dance:
Phone: (03) 9681 6888

Scottyo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7l
To evil clown dude

I had a VZ S pack Ute and did the following SS growler induction, Pacemaker extractors, Redback exhaust system, and it had about 195-200fw/kw.

Sounded awesome.:whistling

There is a place at maitland called carline. Who do the VCM suite tune for the alloytechs give them a buzz should be good for another 10-15 kws as well.

Crabito

Reaction score
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
Members Ride
VE SS 2009 V8
Thanks Boys
I will give carline a buzz at maitland scottyo
Hopefully they can give a little more pep :)

Cheers

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
I can't image there is any harm giving Matt @ Chiptorque a call, there is another shop in Brisbane who is turning out the best numbers anywhere in AU at this stage for that motor.

crazy2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2005 VZ V6
Powerchip

I have had powerchips over the years one in a VX 5.7 SS and it worked well with other mod combinations however in the case of the 190Kw Aloytec Calais 2005 I have now for the last 5 yrs and about 3 yrs ago I opted for the chip again at a cost around $800 and to my surprise it made only a very small difference very small.

In both cases I used there Port Melbourne office

In the end because of issues with the computor I had Holden remove and reflash factory settings which at the time there was an upgrade they gave me as new software updates had become available so was not a total loss in the matter of increased HP but was a pounding on my wallet.

I have in recent times opted for the 2 hole airbox adoption as discussed and forumed here and in addition yes took me a while but cleaned the MAF sensors with CRC MAF Cleaner and got more go for little bucks with more responsive pick up and better throttle response.

I wreckon throw on a sports exhaust system for a few hundred and without going nuts figuring on turbo' or superchargers I got all I want

Hope this helps some make decsions on which way and how far to go

Of course the other way is to lighten the load rip out the back seat empty the boot of crap and spare tyre rip out the heavy stereo equipment pull out the carpets and sound proofing and I wreckon well I know you will nock off 2-3 seconds of ya 0 to 100k times lol

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Do powerchip tune in realtime eg dyno

crazy2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2005 VZ V6
not that they showed me any results on paper

theautomationguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman Cross 6
Had the vcm flash / tune although not done a on a Dyno on a Crewman Cross6 (AWD), performance was better & fuel economy slightly better but not a lot. It is still a slug from standstill but it can now break traction on a corner, but I think that is because the traction control was backed off. It is definitely nicer to drive but it still isn't anywhere near as grunty as the Ecotech ..... even tho on paper it has more kw's (I still can't work that out) ........ I would just love to rip the electric throttle out & stick the old cable 1 in, so when I say go fast with my foot the butterfly opens & it doesn't require a 2nd opinion from the computer as it analyses all of it sensors b4 it allows the butterfly to slowly open.