Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ drivers door doesnt always close the first time

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6 EcoTech Custom Ported by me
If your inventive, fit a new stop so it stops it a bit lower. Maybe using a thick peice of rubber glued to the existing stop.

Tikkat3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ Wagon
Try and get those pics mate, hopefully we'll be able to see if it's original or not. That's still my best bet, especially since the passengers is apparently ok.

There isnt much room to get a photo down between the window.
The regulator has been secured using the factory alloy rivets and not bolted.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Factory rivets don't mean much, they cost about $3 a piece. As for picture, drop the window down and a take the dust protector is probably enough to tell. Otherwise mate, I'm not really sure. A genuine one shouldn't over extend that much.

Tikkat3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ Wagon
I'd say more likely that it was replaced with an aftermarket one that doesn't fit very well. They have a tendancy to not only drop to far, but go up to high, relying on the window frame to stop the window rather than a metal stop inside the regulator. Can you take a photo of it mate? Should be able to tell fairly quickly if it is aftermarket. Also, I assume it's a power window?

Took the door trim off again to see if i could find anything and i did. A broken head off one of the rivets.

While the window was half way down i could grab the glass and lift it 1/2 inch which seemed a bit odd. I tried the passenger side but it didnt move quite as much.

Some pics below of the regulator.

Reg_1.JPG

Reg_2.JPG