Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Engine Mounts

kdoohan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
gday guys

this is the second time my extractors on the left side have cracked and pacemakers want give me another part under warranty untill i found out the problem, i have found out the problem and it is the engine mounts.
My questions is how much do u guys think it would cost to fix it i got told $480 which i think is a little over top but most of it would be labour.
would anyone know of a place within NSW Sydney that they have gone to that offered a good price?

And secondly do you have to get both sides replaced?

all help greatly appreciated

cheers
kdoohan

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I got mine done with a service, so was a bit cheaper. But in reality, I would think anything more than $250/300 would be really pushing it, you can pick up engine mounts for $50 for a set. So anything more is labour, a quote of effectively $430 of labour is just stupid.
And yeah, replace both, replacing one is sort of redundant when your paying for all that labour - you won't save money by having one done and in all likelihood both your mounts are near destroyed anyway.

What area of Sydney are you in?

kdoohan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
cheers for all your help mate.. inner west mate summer hill.. im thinking off buying the parts myself and the misses has a family friend thats a mechanic so il see what i can

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Ah that works out well for you then, hopefully that mechanic can give you a good quote. Again, $300 installed is a much more reasonable price to go for, pretty sure you can pick up geniune holden engine mounts for about $100-150 brand new. Talk to the mechanic and make sure you get the right ones, there are some cheapy's for as low as $50 like I said, up to you though.

I know a guy who got it done at Pedders I think it was for about $320 to give you an idea of what the big guys charge.

And yeah I live way out in Wollondilly area of Sydney, so I can't help you much with places to get them installed :p

bradman

Reaction score
Members Ride
walky
I got mine done with a service, so was a bit cheaper. But in reality, I would think anything more than $250/300 would be really pushing it, you can pick up engine mounts for $50 for a set. So anything more is labour, a quote of effectively $430 of labour is just stupid.
And yeah, replace both, replacing one is sort of redundant when your paying for all that labour - you won't save money by having one done and in all likelihood both your mounts are near destroyed anyway.

What area of Sydney are you in?

Love to know where u get a set for $50 new? Bursons sell non gen ones for $97 each and they are a pain to fit so I can see how they can be $400 to change cheers

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Love to know where u get a set for $50 new? Bursons sell non gen ones for $97 each and they are a pain to fit so I can see how they can be $400 to change cheers

lol, nice thread dig.

I said "cheapys" up there, not good, and not genuine. I *can* see how they might charge $400, but I would consider it unreasonable to charge something like that.

I certainly would not pay $480 for someone to change the mounts.

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
its mainly the drivers side mount i find the hardest and most time consuming to do. but you can pick up engine mounts on ebay for 80$ with free postage, and my mechanic charged me 200$ to put them both in, so 280$ all up is what i paid.

sirjolly18

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 holden VZ v6 ute.
Vz V6 2004

lol, nice thread dig.

I said "cheapys" up there, not good, and not genuine. I *can* see how they might charge $400, but I would consider it unreasonable to charge something like that.

I certainly would not pay $480 for someone to change the mounts.

Yea i just had the ute into ultra tune to get the coils checked then he said my mounts were rooted. Showed me while i was there that when the car is put into gear with hand brake on the engine when ligthy reved it twists and moved really badley, it looks like its about to lift out of mine.

But he quoted me $350 for just the labour and said to get some mounts of ebay to save a buck. Only problem they only mounts on ebay atm are v8 models and nolathain rubber which is to much $$$$

I went to repco and he wanted $344 for the mounts!!!! called supercrap and they said $170 for LH & RH side. (Mackay rubber) I got the part numbers off ebay (A5834H, A5835H)

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
there are plenty of engine mounts on ebay for a 3.8 v6???.. they are like 70$ a pair.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Exactly, the charge is just labour for the most part. You can get a decent set for $130 last I heard.