Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz exec deadlocking

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Hey guys quick question last night I notice checking that the wagon was locked that the horn gave the few short toots like if a door is not closed correctly when locking via button on key. When I spoke to the wife she said it seemed to be doing it most of the day the first time it's happend any reason what would be wrong I checked doors and tail gate and all are locked but still toots when dead locking cheers guys.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
First press - Locked
Second press and any after - Deadlocked (Will toot 3 times)

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Ok thanks but we have had the car for almost a year now and its the first time it's done that as lots of times we press the button as if to deadlock the car checking that it was locked mainly from front door of home. Usually we get no sound but blinkers stay lit for about ten seconds or so, maybe the dash set up thing has a setting that has changed thanks anyway mate

SmokiestGrunl

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
When you say checked you opened and then closed them again? To check that they are corrently sealed.

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
First press - Locked
Second press and any after - Deadlocked (Will toot 3 times)

my vz exc dosent beep when dead locked, nor did the vx berlina i had... BUT as stated if it goes beep when locking its telling you one door isnt completly locked,normally one of the actuators sticking a bit..
also if you go thru your computer/dash you can program one press off the key fob too deadlock

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Yep loopie I think your spot on as now the car dosent beep anymore back to the way it was lol, might of just been as you said one of the actuators sticking. When I checked last night I didn't actually go and open and reshut all the doors so it may have just been stuck cheers guys for all the ideas.