Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Executive Factory Gas converter replacement?

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Just wondering how much it would cost to replace a gas converter for my VZ factory gas? Dosnt wanna run on gas at all and petrol is too expensive at the moment

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Go to a reputable Auto Gas Installer. They should be able to quote. By the way, I understand that it might be illegal for non-authorised (licenced) gas installers to work on such installations !!

Nfsve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yes you just get a kit for the original one. As suggested, ask a few gas places how much to do this for you.

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Dosnt wanna run on gas at all

I had a similar issue with my LPG installation. Long story short, it turned out to be a faulty temperature sensor that is fitted into the LPG reducer (converter) assembly. The replacement cost around $60-70. I did get a quote for a new reducer assembly, and it was in the order of around $500.

BTW, the part number for a reducer repair kit is '02RR00502505-1'. It is available from Mega Gas in Adelaide, but I think it would also be available from other gas suppliers including Impco in Melbourne.

Last edited: