Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ First Car?

HoldenCVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dont have one
Hi Guys,
What do you guys rekon a VZ would be worth in say 2-3 years?
Thanks.

Tony_harrison

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6 2004
Yeah mate I feel the same as you. On monday i was backing up my magna to the garage and i felt this small jult. I then went out to inspect the damage. I now have a big half a coke bottle sized dint in the corner of my rear bumper along with some deep scratches. And my maggie's my baby and it hurts me to see it hurt :(((((. Dad said he will probably respray the bumper on the wkend ;). We'll do it in 2-pack of course so it actually lasts.

aw that sucks
i had similar issues with my first car (88 VL commodore) luckily i think the most i ever had to spend after backing it into anything was 100 bucks (replace bumper and light) (thankfully parents didnt make me pay to fix fence) (live in a battle axe block so playing the car shuffle to get everyones car out is always a pain)
hope it all goes well and you have your car back to good as new asap :spot on:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If I was you i would also be looking at VY series 2, acclaim, berlina, Calais whatever. When you get your job and some cash check out the insurance of a few different models before ya buy one ... Insurance on a VZ calais for a P plater will be a couple of Grand a year, don't waste ya money thats my opinion. You would also be able to do more of the servicing yourself on a VY so will learn more and save more if you don't have much cash ... my first car was an LX torana for $1500.

HoldenCVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dont have one
Thanks guys for information + opinions. Does anyone have any idea what a VZ will be worth in 2-3 years?
Thanks again guys.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
the Exec about 8-10 grand and calais maybe 13-14 ?

Tony_harrison

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6 2004
If I was you i would also be looking at VY series 2, acclaim, berlina, Calais whatever. When you get your job and some cash check out the insurance of a few different models before ya buy one ... Insurance on a VZ calais for a P plater will be a couple of Grand a year, don't waste ya money thats my opinion. You would also be able to do more of the servicing yourself on a VY so will learn more and save more if you don't have much cash ... my first car was an LX torana for $1500.

the insurance if it was under my name would of been insane thankfully im just the nominated driver till i get my fulls in January ^_^

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Thanks guys for information + opinions. Does anyone have any idea what a VZ will be worth in 2-3 years?
Thanks again guys.

That is a good question as i will want to sell mine in a year or two. Im guessing you will be able to pick up an SV6 for under 16k in a year or two.

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
you will be able to in a couple of years get a vz dirt cheap they aren't holding their value at all.

DylanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6 ute
i just bought my first car about 6 months ago- an impulse blue sv6 and i couldn't be happier
people told me to get a piece of junk as they thought i would crash it, plently of my mates did buy junk and their constantly breaking down and having to repair it would costs $$$$
plus chicks dig the good cars ;)
haha start looking

i agree with everything you said!

i have a impulse sv6 ute for first car and love it only bad thing is i can only take one chick haha :p