Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Missfire - intemediate

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
yea that hose end is a bit cracked as in mine too, i just put some silicon over it as a tempory measure, will replace when i change the plugs, as to replace the hose , the manifold as per plug change needs too come off ,, $80 bucks for a piddly two dollar hose,

elshonno

Reaction score
update
misfire is happening again.
What I have done so far

Error code 0206 & 0306 - Indicates Cyl 6 misfire and injector problem

New spark plugs
New coils
Swapped over fuel injector from Cyl 6 to Cyl5 - Cyl 6 still misfires

NFI what to try next, I have read some places it could be the ecm - praying to god its not that.

Has anyone got any ideas of what to try next?

Can a vacuum leak cause misfire while running or just idle?

Any help appreciated I am truly stuck up **** creek without a paddle atm.

Last edited:

MY VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I've read in some threads that you can test coils with a multimeter, that will need some research.

You would be able to check for an open circuit, short circuit and read the resistance of the coil with a good multi meter or a megga

elshonno

Reaction score
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark Holden!

6 year old car and its the ECU ###ed up bs

My VS has been put through more shi!t than this and it is still going, must me made in china crap.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
ECU? Just get an aftermarket one tuned to your car lol. Would be cheaper :p

trenooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz v8 wanna be
hmmmm this is bs, this is exactly what is happening to mine, let us no the damage

elshonno

Reaction score
they tell me it was 300 labour to diagnose the fault which was testing all connections, fuel injectors and wiring. They also had to monitor the sensors on the scan tool to make sure it wasnt a sensor.

1200 to replace the ECM, apparantly a guy comes to the workshop and calibrates the ecm - Holden dont have to do it like ive read in some other posts around.

I dont know if this is reasonable price or not I havent really heard from other mechanics what they charge, I guess the hard work was put into diagnosing the problem which is the ####ed part.

Il let you know what its like when i get the car back tomorrow, if its still there Ill probably run the mecahnic down.

elshonno

Reaction score
Just got it back - all good now.

If anyone is wondering about the symptoms, I can say that I noticed for a months at idle there would be a lsight misfire, maybe 1 or 2 bareley noticable other than a little shake of the car. If this starts happening your ECM is on its way out. They are poorly made pices of crap on this model.

As I said my 95 VS has laster all these years and is still pearlin'

I feel sorry for any other sucker out there that becomes a victim of Holden's VZ ECM BS.

I am now one of those suckers!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
elshonno:2039583 said:
Just got it back - all good now.

If anyone is wondering about the symptoms, I can say that I noticed for a months at idle there would be a lsight misfire, maybe 1 or 2 bareley noticable other than a little shake of the car. If this starts happening your ECM is on its way out. They are poorly made pices of crap on this model.

As I said my 95 VS has laster all these years and is still pearlin'

I feel sorry for any other sucker out there that becomes a victim of Holden's VZ ECM BS.

I am now one of those suckers!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

I have the same thing mate, I changed the coils and injectors trying to get rid of the miss.

So how much was it to fix? Did you replace it or calibrate it? And can it be done at a dyno tune with vcm suite as I am going to get it tuned soon.

trenooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz v8 wanna be
hmmm that sucks, intrested in the answer to the above question though.