Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz monaro bonnet on vt

jasons

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
lately i see lots of vts around with vz monaro bonnets, do these bolt on with out modifying?

V

VT-099

It depends on what you buy. I've heard that the genuine thing requires the edge closest to the windscreen to be "rolled" to make it fit.

You can also buy fibreglass VZ Monaro bonnets to suit a VT, which I did, but check with your insurance agency as the rules are a bit grey as to whether they are or aren't allowed.

The ACT RTA said that I probably shouldn't have it on my car as it reduces the safety aspect, but unless I had to take my car over the pits, there really wasn't much they could do.

Look around though, I could get the genuine steel one for $968, or the fibreglass one to suit a VT for $630 unpainted, add $250 for the primed and painted finished product.

OzMystic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Clubby
jasons said:
lately i see lots of vts around with vz monaro bonnets, do these bolt on with out modifying?

Monaro bonnet will fit on VT/VX/VU without ANY modification at all

Cheers
Jon

S

sparkles_vp

they bolt straight on vt-vx.. Its when you have a vy-vz or those guards of the vy-vz there is a slight variation in the gap at the back from bonnet to guard... I have a vx wagon with full vz front and the monaro bonnet.... I just slotted the hinges and brought the bonnet forward, now its hardly noticable.....

INSAYN

INSAYN
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Calais V8
mine was a straight swap and so was the monaro bumper , had to change the headlights too though

ClemCommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Ute 2011
Hasw any one got costings on Monaro Head and Tail lights?? I have a VT, and spraying the rear garnish the body colour.

Want to have it al done by Xmas this year

Cal.oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Pathfinder
ClemCommodore said:
Hasw any one got costings on Monaro Head and Tail lights?? I have a VT, and spraying the rear garnish the body colour.

Want to have it al done by Xmas this year

check ebay, you can get the tail lights for approx 160 - 170, and the headlights for a bit over 200 i think.