Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Rear brake issues

Spatterdashers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss crewman
I now also have this problem on the other side too, I replaced the caliper that I was having problems with and it seems to have helped with the problem for now. I’m still going through a set of rear pads every 4000k’s or so.
Now I’m starting to think it might be to do with the rear brake propotioning valve playing up.
As far as I can tell if the pads wear completely down and the guides on the caliper are worn it leaves just enough room for the pad to drop down and scrape on the hub.
The issue in my opinion now is why are the rear pads wearing down so fast compared to the front and not so much about the pad dropping out of place. I’m going to swap or remove my propotioning valve and see how long the pads last.
- my car has not been lowered, I know this can cause issues with the brake bias.
Thanks for getting your retainer plates checked Crewmanvz6 it’s good to rule that out because you can’t get new retainer plates anymore.

My retainer plates were fine zero issues no play at all in the axles.

Davidde69

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS Crewman
Hi, I finally managed to work it out, RH rear axle was bent, replaced the axle and no more problems.