Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ S-pack Ute

Lurchorama

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute S
Model: 2004 VZ S-pack Ute
Km's: 148,000
Mod's: Kenwood Stereo, Thunder 18" wheels

Picked it up on Wednesday
Just got a Kenwood stereo in today, with the steering controls working (that was fun)
Only other plans at this stage (*cough*) are SS driving lights in the front bumper, and pod dials on the dash. Will probably do speakers too.

Lurchorama

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute S
Evening guys.
Sorry for the lack of reply. I got the Ute and then 'real life' kicked in. But thats not to say it hasn't seen some love.

• SS/SV lights
  • Kenwood head unit
  • SS dial pod with Volts and Oil temp
  • Proper tie-down points in the back
  • Sports/Roll bar with matching tonneau cover
  • Mounting in the back for the bike ramp (doubles as a way to tie the tailgate close if the bike is a bit too long)
Only thing now is to attack the roof to get rid of the faded paint and a properly fitting mat for the tray.

DSC01397-Edit
by Jason, on Flickr

DSC01405-Edit
by Jason, on Flickr

ryan.fogarty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder ute
Nice ute mate, identical to mine except mines got a hard cover. What springs have you got in it? Mines lowered and isn't the best on dirt roads haha. I was thinking of just raising the front up like yours and leaving the back.

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Why do people have gauges for oil temp etc? why would you even need to know them? but nice car anyways

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Why do people have gauges for oil temp etc? why would you even need to know them? but nice car anyways
Not an expert. But oil temp happens to be one of the more useful gauges.

From a cold start it lets you know when your car is at temperature for more aggressive driving. Particularly useful for winter even just with daily communting.

Then there's the benefits of knowing if your engine is peforming healthy. Burning oil and heat stroked engine is bad.

I have volts and oil pressure. But that's cos it came with my pod. Mostly for looks for me though lol unashamedly.

henry-k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ute
Hey mate can you post a photo of your "Proper tie down points in the back".