Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Side Flutes (Vents)

ozscott75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim SII
Just wondering if anyone out there has tried putting the VZ SS flutes onto a VT Commodore. I've seen pics with them on monaro's so I know it can be done just wondering how hard it would be.

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
I have looked into this and it is a huge job as you need to buy the vz gaurds but they wont fit a vt if you just buy all the bits needed it costs about $700 painted then you will need to find a panel beater prepared to spend many hours custom fitting grilles as its not just a cut in the guards the edge's of the cut need to be taperd (rolled )so the grilles sit flush.I wiil get you some pics Give us five mins.

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
pics as promised

DazVYSS said:
I have looked into this and it is a huge job as you need to buy the vz gaurds but they wont fit a vt if you just buy all the bits needed it costs about $700 painted then you will need to find a panel beater prepared to spend many hours custom fitting grilles as its not just a cut in the guards the edge's of the cut need to be taperd (rolled )so the grilles sit flush.I wiil get you some pics Give us five mins.

Here are the Vz flute pics prices are.
Actual flute $72 ea
Ind assenbly $28 ea
VZ gaurds for those with VZ's or VY's $253
Paint extra flutes and guards come unpainted $???
Panel beater to fit to vt $???(lots)

Attachments

• vzguard1.jpg
    vzguard1.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 1,021
  • vzguard3.jpg
    vzguard3.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 1,301
  • vzventback.jpg
    vzventback.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 2,085
U

Ute God

i was quoted $120 a side just for vents....why do you need to replace the guards? can you just customise the ones that are already there?

ozscott75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim SII
I got both sides with indicators to my door for less than $120 on ebay. I haven't got the ind assemblies though.

ozscott75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim SII
For those who are interested. JHP (www.jhp.com.au) supply the guards unpainted with the flutes installed to suit VT-VX-VU for $825 inc GST.

Coupe 4

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV COUPE 4
ozscott75 said:
Just wondering if anyone out there has tried putting the VZ SS flutes onto a VT Commodore. I've seen pics with them on monaro's so I know it can be done just wondering how hard it would be.

I've seen the VZ SS flute upgrade front fender flutes on VT-VX-Monaro, you can find them on JHP web site under options. www.jhp.com.au they are about $660 change over a pair.

VZSSguardst-VT-VX-V2-h.jpg

Last edited:

Hoarey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I got both sides with indicators to my door for less than $120 on ebay. I haven't got the ind assemblies though.

Yeah i looked at them as well, are they quality? ive got a black VZ Executive, all stock at tha moment but yeah was looking at getting a set...

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Make sure you find some very very reputable in the panel beating industry to do it, i have seen some absoloute SHOCKING attempts by different panel beaters at fitting, smoothing and painting those VZ flutes. Some look god awful.

smooth92vp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
hey, can it be done to a vp, simply machining up brackets cutting the panel to size and fixing them from the inside... or am i dreaming haha.. my old mans a mechanical engineer so he would be doin the work so is it thearetcally possible??