Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] VZ ss 5.7L with a 6LTR throttle body+adapter..BBM

somerandom

Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently bought a 2005 vz ss 5.7LT its stock with no tune, it just has a 6LTR throttle body and adapter kit to suit the 5.7,,, I bought it knowing it is running rough(it comes and goes, just as much as it runs rough, so about half the time)

and the fact I have access to a scanner but won't get to use it until tomorrow,
so i am wondering if anyone here has used 6LTR throttle body on their 5.7LT and had the car run like a pig??

if the throttle body(which is pretty much, brand new) is the cause of it running like ****, i will be willing to swap for a 5.7LT throttle body, so PM or msg me here if you're keen, you just need to take it off and put your 5.7ltr on my motor... cause i can't be farked

edit: rephrase the bit where I said the car is stock, it has extractors, hiflow cat and 2.5" redback exhaust system

also when it is running like ****, sometimes it doesn't want to rev up and wants to stall(as in, it won't get to 2,000 easy as it wants to stall) and if im at the lights and its half decent, it would rock the car side to side because the fkn thing doesn't how to be a car, and just run!! and of course, it likes to backfire(if thats the right word)

somerandom

Reaction score
put it on a scanner and came up with fuel is lean or something, like it wasn't getting enough fuel to the engine, so that was the reason for the SVS - service vehicle soon chime coming and going all the time... the oil pressure sending was/is working correctly

no other faults
the injects are new, the owner said he ran the fuel low once, and ever since than its been playing up
so its either injectors or fuel pump
if i change injectors, it'll probably get blocked again
if i change fuel pump, the problem might still be there

suppose i need to change both
i can never win grrrr!!!

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Have you checked the fuel filter? might be dirty or blocked, you may just need a new one alot cheaper than a fuel pump or injectors.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
fuel filter first pal.. cheapest and easy to do..

Last edited:

Brenty88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu v8 ute
Mate if its taking more air it means it needs more fuel a tune down the dyno shop should fix this problem

Cheers Brenton

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Lean code on mine was just a MAF clean and fixed. But then again I run the stock throttle body. As above, if this new throttle body is letting more air through it's definitely gunna need a tune to tell it that so it can chuck more fuel in there too, otherwise it will run lean........ I doubt this is fuel related, not sure about running it low and then problem started though, that could be **** from bottom of tank sucked into fuel filter and clogged........ conclusion......no answer.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Lean code on mine was just a MAF clean and fixed. But then again I run the stock throttle body. As above, if this new throttle body is letting more air through it's definitely gunna need a tune to tell it that so it can chuck more fuel in there too, otherwise it will run lean........ I doubt this is fuel related, not sure about running it low and then problem started though, that could be **** from bottom of tank sucked into fuel filter and clogged........ conclusion......no answer.

The LS2 throttle is 90mm but the inlet on the stock manifold is 75mm, so it still lets in the same amount of air as the stock one.
I would change filter and clean maf, If problem is still there, clean/change injectors, replace the spark plugs

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
The LS2 throttle is 90mm but the inlet on the stock manifold is 75mm, so it still lets in the same amount of air as the stock one.
I would change filter and clean maf, If problem is still there, clean/change injectors, replace the spark plugs

So what's the point of putting on the LS2 T/B, if it's gunna draw the same amount of air as the stock one, due to the standard manifold?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
So what's the point of putting on the LS2 T/B, if it's gunna draw the same amount of air as the stock one, due to the standard manifold?

Farqed if I know what the guy was thinkin

OP - Interested to see which throttle adapter your using??

somerandom

Reaction score
Hi guys, it is a USA CBM, it came with the car

only about 5 times for the time of 5-10 minutes it came good with full power in the last 4 days, but then it runs rough and doesn't have any go

20130321_164822.jpg

20130321_164812.jpg