Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS 6.0 fuel economy

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hey guys, pick up a VZ SS 6.0 in the next 2 weeks(depending on when mods i want done will be finished) what sort of fuel economy are people getting out of them in a manual??

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
just though id say "lucky bastard!" wat mods are u getting done? u dont waste time do ya minux lol.wish we culd all do that mate!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
just though id say "lucky bastard!" wat mods are u getting done? u dont waste time do ya minux lol.wish we culd all do that mate!

Just tune etc, depends. I actually got a phone call saying the dealer can do an SSV with 8,000 k's for a close to similar price. So not sure what to do, VZ is a lovely car, VE is ugly...but hmm, probably stay witht he VZ

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
umm i would dump the vz in a second minux, the look of the ve really builds on you, i personally now like the rear end cause it does look nice and pictures really dont give it credit,

the ride and handling of the ve to the vz is incredible, if they offered you one with a close to similar price go for it trust me

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
umm i would dump the vz in a second minux, the look of the ve really builds on you, i personally now like the rear end cause it does look nice and pictures really dont give it credit,

the ride and handling of the ve to the vz is incredible, if they offered you one with a close to similar price go for it trust me

But its an ex-demo....i know how i drive demo's, imagine when 100 people drive a demo like i do lol?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
But its an ex-demo....i know how i drive demo's, imagine when 100 people drive a demo like i do lol?
im sure most people limit the revs to 4000 when on a test drive...

uhh, i should add that they limit them to ATLEAST 4000 :thumbsup:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

yeah fair enough, but we generalize people revving the tits off them but most people do have respect for other people property and drive accordingly, my parents in particular, i personally wouldnt worry too much bout it you still have 5 years of warranty

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
im sure most people limit the revs to 4000 when on a test drive...

uhh, i should add that they limit them to ATLEAST 4000 :thumbsup:

lol omg 4000rpm to tell u the truth these motors love being reved iv driven my ute very hard after rebuild and my ssv the same way from brand new and got a healthy 210rwkw out of the a6 totaly stock. it probable has done it a world of good.drive em like ya stole it i say u wanna rev it chev it lol

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
LMAO i dont think anyone has a chance of convincing minx to by a VE LMAO. I would go with the SSV personally. Good luck and post pics when you get it. Are you keeping the vt? or was it a vx??